What Breaking Strain For Braids

rus_cb

G'day mate,

Fireline has a higher breaking strain than its stated rating so go on the lighter side for your bream spinning gear.

I use 6lb fireline on my spin gear which is great for luring bream, flatties etc but I've also caught salmon on the same gear. It makes for a great fight as well when the sambos turn up :yahoo::yahoo:

Cheers,

Great. Thanks guys. Talk about your quick turn around. Businesses dont get back to you that quickly

That's cause everyone who should be working is on here talking fishing rather than doing any business!!!!!!!!! :074::074::074:

Gotta go, boss is coming!!!! :1yikes::1yikes:

Cheers,

Braid is so good i use 4lb and 4lb leader and have never been done over by a bream, lizard or whiting. (never caught many bream!!)

6lb will land you a rat king or sambo with a bit of patience. My king outfit for spinning only has 14lb braid and you get the odd bust off but its more fun

The 6lb fireline hasn't failed me yet. :thumbup:

The weekend before last I was connected to a fair chunk of a flathead and it had my line around a bit of cunje on a rock for quite some time. Even after a fair bit of rubbing, the fireline not only held strong and allowed me to land the fish, but afterwards I couldn't find any nicks or noticeable wear in the line. Freaked me right out :wacko: because I was sure it was going to snap on that rock for sure.

My only advice would be to steer clear of the smoke/black coloured line because it's bloody hard to see unless your fishing in gin clear water. Go the yellow (my fave) or pink.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc

G'day,

Looking forward to the weekend. I fish soft plastics with 4lb fireline. I like the pink for visibility. Caught bream under 30cm and decent flatties no problem. 6lb is fine, prob better for you. THere was a post (think by fisherman rob with the valiant) about yellow fireline breaking at the knots so might be wise to steer clear of it.

Have a top top weekend all,

Paul