Central Coast Lb Fishing Spots

monk

Hello fellow fishraiders,

Just wondering if I could get some help with a couple of land-based spots for some SP spinning around the central coast. I will be staying next to avoca beach between xmas and new years and will be dying for a fish up there. I have heard some good things about Avoca lagoon, but was wondering how it has been lately (water levels etc).

Any help would be great.

cheers,

Byron :1fishing1:

The Skillion at Terrigal is a top spot, also the ledges at Avoca themselves are unbelievable, i just dont know how to get to them, so cannot help you there, The Skillion is at the end of Terrigal beach where the car park is, you cant miss it.

K.

:1yikes::1yikes:

gee wizz, thanks so much crunch, you just listed a mamouth load of spots there, I am busy writing down notes and planning my day trips. That was very kind of you to share all that info, I'm sure that took a while to compile and type out so I really appreciate it mate, thanks again. And I have tried the fish n chips at Patonga and its a mighty fine feed.

squidgie (love the name!), thanks for the surf cam link, looks nice out there, didnt know they had live feeding videos of beaches!

cheers,

Byron

• 4 weeks later...

Thought id add to this post. The rocks at North Avoca are rather dangerous and wouldnt recomend to anybody without fishing with somebody experienced here. The rocks at south Avoca fish well but the crowds are difficult but light lines are a must which can cost a few fish. The goons generally fire over the summer months but again crowds are a problem. Peak time would be as the sun rises and just flick lures around the results for some solid bream at times. Fished patonga the other day for some nice lizards on placcys, which arent to hard to catch here. Terrigal haven should see some small water pelagics arrive soon with the warm water. Light lines are a must again as the crowds are ridicolous. My favourtie time to fish is the arvo nor easters when all the bait gets blown into here. Winney bay would have to be my pick for land based game, but is dangerous to fish and is rather isolated with the only access a 35 min walk out. This time sees some solid kings come through plus if your lucky some stripies from the rocks which are good fun. Any more help just let me no im always willing to help out cheers