Mid North Coast Firing, Grab Your Gear & Get Out There

Basil D

Hi Guys, Im on hollidays up mid north coast, got here Saturday and was pouring rain, Unloaded all the gear and clothes and most were soaked and had to dry everything, sunday we had morning Brekkie & coffee at Forster and did some shopping, just relaxed.

Monday we tried to do some Tube skiing but couldnt find the location for it, so we managed to to do a little fish sesh, got 4 38cm whiting, two bream and I dropped a nice Flatie, all caught along the oyster lease.

had dinner out and headed back to our holliday house.

Tuesday I met a lovely chap Dale and the guy is a mad keen fisho, we got talking and decided we would go for a snapper sesh but was too windy, we even waited till 6pm and then decided against it.

Wed we went Tubing in smiths Lake and Boy didnt we have fun, we crashed out as soon as we got home.

Thursday Morning I caught up with my mate Dale and he says lets go for a Flattis sesh and I said we havent got bait, he says done worry I have some, so no mucking around we took off, 15min straight out, yeah His got bate allright, stunck, like #!#*t :wacko: he put a couple of peices on his kooks and down it goes and up it comes with a flathead on it, cuts it up into strips and says theres our bait, Ok I thought, Baited up and MAN the best flat head bait, FLATHEAD STRIPS! we got 27 in 1 & 1/2 hours, two Bigest were 68cm and 65cm.

we got back in and and Dale says were still going snapper fishing tonight and what I going to say NO, hah NO way Im In, we cleaned the fish had a late lunch and headed straight back out and man, yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :yahoo: it was a cowboy sesh, the guy is nannas, we fished hard up against rocks and close to bombies, I still have my skid marks but tell you what, it was damm funn and I wouldnt do this on my own or anybody but this guy knew what he was doing, 13 snapper in 2 hours :1yikes::yahoo: .

Got back in cleaned all the fish and drank all night.

Friday I was smashed and slept all day, saturday had to pack and we were headed down to Nabiac to visit my niece and Dale show up, lets go for one more sesh he says, the :wife: was not impressed, Dale then said only for an hour, I took off before my :wife: could get a word in, 15 min out, 6 Flathead in 1/2 hour and 15 min back in, now that what I call hit and run, we would have got more but the the current was running too fast, just as well as we might have stayed longer, now that would got me in hot water.

Today is sunday and we are in Nabiac, tonight I will be in hawks nest and Promised my Lovely :wife: I would spend more time whith her and the Boys (Dale has my Phone number) :074: Lets see what happens and I hope I give you another great report.

PS I then got a phone call from Jim Bream and Cungee George telling me about there fishing sesions, can wait to get back and fish some more, Please!

Happy new year guys & Girls.

regards Basil

post-8352-1263068815_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1263068888_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1263068979_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1263069066_thumb.jpg

post-8352-1263069185_thumb.jpg

Edited by Groper

That is a haul indeed, Basil. Grand effort mate. Christo looks very pleased with himself. Ya better look after the :wife: .you know what can happen...........LOL.

Dont forget to drop a couple off on the way through

Edited by adjustedpete

Hi Guys, Im on hollidays up mid north coast, got here Saturday and was pouring rain, Unloaded all the gear and clothes and most were soaked and had to dry everything, sunday we had morning Brekkie & coffee at Forster and did some shopping, just relaxed.

Monday we tried to do some Tube skiing but couldnt find the location for it, so we managed to to do a little fish sesh, got 4 38cm whiting, two bream and I dropped a nice Flatie, all caught along the oyster lease.

had dinner out and headed back to our holliday house.

Tuesday I met a lovely chap Dale and the guy is a mad keen fisho, we got talking and decided we would go for a snapper sesh but was too windy, we even waited till 6pm and then decided against it.

Wed we went Tubing in smiths Lake and Boy didnt we have fun, we crashed out as soon as we got home.

Thursday Morning I caught up with my mate Dale and he says lets go for a Flattis sesh and I said we havent got bait, he says done worry I have some, so no mucking around we took off, 15min straight out, yeah His got bate allright, stunck, like #!#*t :wacko: he put a couple of peices on his kooks and down it goes and up it comes with a flathead on it, cuts it up into strips and says theres our bait, Ok I thought, Baited up and MAN the best flat head bait, FLATHEAD STRIPS! we got 27 in 1 & 1/2 hours, two Bigest were 68cm and 65cm.

we got back in and and Dale says were still going snapper fishing tonight and what I going to say NO, hah NO way Im In, we cleaned the fish had a late lunch and headed straight back out and man, yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :yahoo: it was a cowboy sesh, the guy is nannas, we fished hard up against rocks and close to bombies, I still have my skid marks but tell you what, it was damm funn and I wouldnt do this on my own or anybody but this guy knew what he was doing, 13 snapper in 2 hours :1yikes::yahoo: .

Got back in cleaned all the fish and drank all night.

Friday I was smashed and slept all day, saturday had to pack and we were headed down to Nabiac to visit my niece and Dale show up, lets go for one more sesh he says, the :wife: was not impressed, Dale then said only for an hour, I took off before my :wife: could get a word in, 15 min out, 6 Flathead in 1/2 hour and 15 min back in, now that what I call hit and run, we would have got more but the the current was running too fast, just as well as we might have stayed longer, now that would got me in hot water.

Today is sunday and we are in Nabiac, tonight I will be in hawks nest and Promised my Lovely :wife: I would spend more time whith her and the Boys (Dale has my Phone number) :074: Lets see what happens and I hope I give you another great report.

PS I then got a phone call from Jim Bream and Cungee George telling me about there fishing sesions, can wait to get back and fish some more, Please!

Happy new year guys & Girls.

regards Basil

That's an awesome catch what can i say but i hope you saved me one snapper see you soon

That's an awesome catch what can i say but i hope you saved me one snapper see you soon

Jimmy,

you see what happens when he nicks your lucky pink thongs ?

Get them back at all costs ! :074:

...and basil owes you a snapper as payment for the use of the thongs... :biggrin2:

Basil,

Awesome catch mate !

Awesome Friend you have in Dale.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a mate like that, who can scare us with hairy bars, rocks and bombies, then inundate us with knowledge and with fish.

I bet the filleting knife got a good workout...

Tony

Jimmy,

...and basil owes you a snapper as payment for the use of the thongs... :biggrin2:

Basil,

Awesome catch mate !

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a mate like that, who can scare us with hairy bars, rocks and bombies, then inundate us with knowledge and with fish.

Tony

i think he painted the thongs black give them back

yep I saved you one :)

Jimmy,

Basil,

Awesome catch mate !

Tony

mate what can I say about this guy, his a freak when it comes to fishing and were buddys for life, his comming down for sesh down our way soon :thumbup:

i think he painted the thongs black give them back

those thongs are still pink and they stay with me :074::074::074:

What a top catch , I can here the BBQ cooking from here mmmmmmmm

I still havent finished eating those fish, plenty of flathead fillets left

Awesome result, Basil! So glad you got into some top fishing!!! I know there is a large flathead ground offshore about 1/2hr straight out from the entrance. Still a bit quiet in the lake, tho, with the odd good fish landed. I should have landed 3 good flatties yesterday, but watched as they spat the lure! :1badmood:

yes - flatties like eating flatties! I caught a big flattie in a bit of 'underside flap' of flattie ie the white bit. I just put it onto a jig head & dropped it down a dropoff & came up with a flattie that towed me around in the yak! This was some years ago now ........ I'd found the dead flattie floating & thought I may as well use a bit ...... should have kept a bit more!! :wacko:

Roberta

You'll Be Back!!!