Fishing Last Night In Port Hacking

nath_reptile

post-15968-013070100 1286701570_thumb.jpgOk, first time post(er)here, so bare with me...

Yesterday i had a family luncheon on in penrith (im from the shire), before leaving i looked at the BOM website to look at the tidecharts, was dissapointed id miss the tide for pumping yabbies so that peeved me off, on the way back from the lunch at 4pm i stopped at macs bait bar and reluctantly forked out $10 for 30 nippers, which is something i normally get myself at no cost.

Raced home from there and quickly readied the boat, as i was putting the bungs in, one of them broke off in my hand, the skin fitting was put in by the previous owner using steel screws....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH...The bit that is permantly fixed to the boat was now not in their, i used alot of silicone and rotated and re-drilled the holes as quick as i could and set off.

I got out on the port about 545pm and raced towards the nipper banks because i now realised the BOM site was wrong with the tides(daylight savings)..Pumped some nippers and headed off to my favourite run in tide spot, moved around a bit as i was not getting much, then after 3 moves i went back to my favourite spot again

I put three rods out and got 3 hookups all at once, one was good and was setting off my drag whisteling as the line peeled off, one rod had a squire, another had a black bream and the other had a whopper whiting that measured 48cm, a pb for me, Yay, By 930pm i had 2 of these monsters at 48cm and 47cm in the swimmer and 3 good bream...It was a good afternoon /evening fish, at 10 pm i moved the boat and went to sleep up sth west arm for a peaceful nights sleep..I slept well knowing i had a good feed of fish...it was a good night

post-15968-013070100 1286701570_thumb.jpgOk, first time post(er)here, so bare with me...

Yesterday i had a family luncheon on in penrith (im from the shire), before leaving i looked at the BOM website to look at the tidecharts, was dissapointed id miss the tide for pumping yabbies so that peeved me off, on the way back from the lunch at 4pm i stopped at macs bait bar and reluctantly forked out $10 for 30 nippers, which is something i normally get myself at no cost.

Raced home from there and quickly readied the boat, as i was putting the bungs in, one of them broke off in my hand, the skin fitting was put in by the previous owner using steel screws....AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH...The bit that is permantly fixed to the boat was now not in their, i used alot of silicone and rotated and re-drilled the holes as quick as i could and set off.

I got out on the port about 545pm and raced towards the nipper banks because i now realised the BOM site was wrong with the tides(daylight savings)..Pumped some nippers and headed off to my favourite run in tide spot, moved around a bit as i was not getting much, then after 3 moves i went back to my favourite spot again

I put three rods out and got 3 hookups all at once, one was good and was setting off my drag whisteling as the line peeled off, one rod had a squire, another had a black bream and the other had a whopper whiting that measured 48cm, a pb for me, Yay, By 930pm i had 2 of these monsters at 48cm and 47cm in the swimmer and 3 good bream...It was a good afternoon /evening fish, at 10 pm i moved the boat and went to sleep up sth west arm for a peaceful nights sleep..I slept well knowing i had a good feed of fish...it was a good night

well done

Welcome to the site Nate.

That's a couple of real quality elbow slappers you got there for your first post.

I love the way they save their energy until they see the boat - then they take off like lightning.

If you're drag is too tight on a light trace - ping !

I reckon they're the poor man's bonefish.

They're one of my favourite fish to catch and eat.

We all look forward to many more posts mate.

Tony