Wobbegong shark (possible raider record)

Camo1808

Hey guys had a spare few hours the other day so grabbed my new beach rod and what a way to christen it.

Was out only using servo squid..had the line sitting out for about 20min and decided to bring it in for a check. First impressions thought i was snagged. I was even throwing my rod left and right trying to snap the line haha. Decided to point my rod down and walk backwards to break the line. Eventually it started to pull towards me and my instant reaction was holy s*^t massive ray or lump of weed. Took about 15min to slowly be patient and bring it in the in the wave it started swimming left.

Thinking yew beauty. Have something on. Used the wave to land it. Got it up the beach and my hook then snapped. It started heading back out with the wave so i chucked my rod to the missus and ran down the beach dove on it and picked it up. Haha pheww that was close.

It measured 109cm.

My biggest wver catch.

Not sure if this can be submitted as a record because its a shark or maybe cause i dont have proof of size or anythihg. It was just a thought.

he was quickly released.

Anyone help me with the record side of things and how it works? Haha cheers

post-32642-14246870131271_thumb.jpg

Looks a fair measure to me - seems more scientific than my record was :) I know when I got a similar size one last year it was pretty much the same fight, I thought I was dragging in a large lump of weed until it took off from the shallows.

Pop a post in the record section and see what the mods make of it.

Does this exempt it from a record or? And thats interesting never new they were. Thanks finfin

No - we allow protected species for records - although we do not promote people to target them... If you said "hey i was targeting some Wobbies and caught this" we wouldn't be too happy but as a bye catch its fine to submit a record.