Botany Bay Sat 11 Feb

wdfish

Well this is turning out to be a good week :biggrin2: . Bust off on SP down the coast earlier in the week and now my first flattie on SP in B/Bay on Sat. :yahoo:

Fished the run in for bream , no luck a few hits but nothing solid, so moved around and started spinning sand flats with a SP shad for flatties. About 10 mins into it flicking between some weed and a drop off I hooked my first flatty on an SP.... about 37 / 38cm long not bad, but after a couple of smiling pics he was released.

Wind came up about midday so I went in one happy fisho..... :thumbup:

Good luck out there guy's, have fun.

Pics attached

cheers WD

I was spinning on the sandflats just behind the oyster leases where th erun off from the mangroves is.

looks like a good spot, so thought I would have a crack, first time fishing there and not bad.

good luck cheers wd

re pics, the site is telling me they are too large??? not sure how to reduce?

Hi wdfish,

To get your photos minimised in pixel size so it will allow you too post them on fishraider.com.au got to the below link and download this software. Alot of people have got this program as it is free and does the job just nicely.

Irfanview

Cheers

I was spinning on the sandflats just behind the oyster leases where th erun off from the mangroves is.

looks like a good spot, so thought I would have a crack, first time fishing there and not bad.

good luck cheers wd

re pics, the site is telling me they are too large??? not sure how to reduce?

Thanks MM, have downloaded and will give it a run see how we go....cheers WD

No worries Wdfish.

To change the pixels of the photo once you have downloaded the program follow the below instructions:

1) Open the irfanview program.

2) Now click on FILE then OPEN. This will bring a screen up that will allow you to go through your documents to find the photo you want to reduce.

3) Once you have found the photo click on OPEN. This will then transfer the photo to Irfanview.

4) Now click on IMAGE and then select from the drop down menu RESIZE / RESAMPLE.

post-1377-1139785358_thumb.jpg

5) A new screen will now pop up as below. As you see i have circled the section you need to change the size of the photo and hence pixels. So what I do is enter 700 in and this usually gives you a nice big photo and allows you to post on fishraider.

Hope this helps.

Cheers mate

post-1568-1139788621_thumb.jpgpost-1568-1139788849_thumb.jpgThanks Marlin and Fisher Dude, have re sized pics and attached. Hope to have more as the journey on sp's ( and now poppa's ) continues...thanks guy's cheers WD :biggrin2:

OK, have learnt to resize now to position properly... :bump0ee: next pics will bo on the money cheers wd

Flattieman, cheers mate, I hope my next set of pics are of bigger flatties or maybe crocs???

Have a good mate that doesn't brag. A fairly good salt water fly guy, and over xmas up north he and another mate were pulling in flatties that measured the 1.5mtr mark off shallow sand flats on light fly gear, he said it was like wrestling crocs, all were released. Catching up with him next week so might be able to share a couple of pics....all the best wd