Went For A Drive Today

clutch

....and ended up at Goat Island again :biggrin2:

...an hour north of me

First pic is a beach at Tawharanui which is a park

then the rest are just a few of the fish. I forgot that being summer there would be plenty of snorkellers and swimmers......it would appear the fish must be used to it

post-133-1139880072_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139880107_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139880131_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139880161_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139880189_thumb.jpg

Could have got some good pics but the swimmers were stirring up the water too much

Cheers

Wow what a waste of fish. Surely someone can come along and scoop them all up with a big net and sell them overseas for a fraction of their worth.

Certainly would clean up those pesky Snapper getting in the way of that swimmer. He cant be happy with that.

Then hopefully once their all scooped up and gone your waterways will reach the high standards of our mighy Hawkesbury.

One day Clutch you too may be able to enjoy what we refer to as our own 'private paradise & wasteland'. I feel sorry for you having to deal with all that anoying marine life.

:biggrin2:

Wow what a waste of fish. Surely someone can come along and scoop them all up with a big net and sell them overseas for a fraction of their worth.

Certainly would clean up those pesky Snapper getting in the way of that swimmer. He cant be happy with that.

Then hopefully once their all scooped up and gone your waterways will reach the high standards of our mighy Hawkesbury.

One day Clutch you too may be able to enjoy what we refer to as our own 'private paradise & wasteland'. I feel sorry for you having to deal with all that anoying marine life.

:074::074: Trust you Grant :biggrin2:

Yeh PW! them is Snapper mate....heres a couple more

post-133-1139885434_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139885454_thumb.jpg

post-133-1139885473_thumb.jpg

one question...

what exactly are those blue fish?

Chris, they are Blue Mao Mao and there seem to be heaps of them

and Martin; yes that is a Marine Park and you can only fish outside the boundary

Edited by clutch

Clutch. This may be a silly question , but why are they there? What is the attraction that brings fish that large into a small / shallow area

Geoff

Geoff, You can find those fish in the shallows around the rocks anywhere as well as out deeper, however these ones seem to know that they are protected and even tho you arent supposed to be feeding them they seem to be looking for just that and becoming quite a large congregation.......I didnt notice anyone feeding them

I'll post a pic of the Island and the area around it that is protected

post-133-1139970071_thumb.jpg

never have truer words been spoken,i mean written grantm.

Edited by aquaaddict