What Impact Will The Big Surf Have?

Mondo Rock

Hi Raiders

I was speculating last night as to the likely impact that all this massive surf will have on the fishing over the next week or so and thought I'd post a query here as to whether anyone has any thoughts or experience in this regard?

Personally, as a beach fisho, I'm really looking forward to this weekend as all the beach gutters and holes will have been completely re-formed following the big swell. I'm speculating that all the sand movement will have uncovered a heap of food for the regular beach foragers, and that once the gutters become habitable again there will be an influx of fish looking to see what food can be found.

Surely the stones will also fish well for luderick and drummer after the battering that all the rock ledges must have taken over the last couple of days?

It's all speculation at this stage of course - Raiders, do you have any thoughts as to whether any fishing opportunitites will present themselves due to the recent rough conditions?

Mondo

Yeh, looks good when the weather settles. The water is still super warm for this time of year, I reckon the old silver snouts will be having a lot of fun after the surf slows down, dig out the beach worms. Going to hit Merries Beach, Snapper point in the next weekend or two, maybe two looking at the BOM report. :1badmood:

The kings and snapper all going well should be in full swing.

South Coastal Waters,Ulladulla to Gabo Island and 60nm seawards:

Wednesday until midnight: Wind: SW/SE 5/10 knots, tending E/NE 10/15 knots during the afternoon. Sea: Around 1 metre. Swell: SE 2 metres.

Thursday: Wind: N/NE 15/20 knots ahead of a 15/20 knot S/SW change extending from south later. Sea: 1 to 2 metres. Swell: SE 1.5 to 2 metres. Chance late thunderstorms.

Friday Outlook: Wind: W/SW 15/20 knots, increasing to 25/35 knots in the south late in day.

Saturday Outlook: Wind: S/SW 30/40 knots.

The next routine forecast will be issued at 3:52 pm EDT Wednesday

Cheers, Dr Bream

I am hoping that it will bring on the jewfish, in the coff's region this Friday!!!

(Insert Jewfish prayers here!)

P.s Mondo: I finally figured out this beach worm catchin thing, am no way an "expert", but am starting to get my rythum...Thanks again for offering to show me.