Tried A New Spot On Wed Got This 2nd Trip Their Friday

moonlitecreeper

hi all raiders as i said earlier during the week i was going on wednesday for a mid week bash with my mate the regular spots were off limits we decided new ground or old holes were the order of the day we set out the wind slightly blowing sun just rising it feels good i said to my self as we headed in a bit of survey mode to discover his and mine spots we tried all day the wind came and went all day the weed was ripping thru bogging down lines it was crap we decided to call it a day thinking to ourselves maybe we should of stuck with what we know best our current firing spots oh well nothing ventured nothing gained and it wasnt if we had never caught fish in these spots we just found others and never really went back to them ...anyhow on the way back we ended up finding this awesome hole and drop off we both lit up as we seen it on the sounder with glen reachn for the gps to mark...spotx we both talked all the way home about it like kids and lollys and both agreed that it would hit it friday well friday came and as glen planned operation new hole went into plan it truly wasnt long into the tide when the reel screamed into life after a few hairy moments when he decided he liked the other lines that were out he done the usual u turn for the shore but with the drag done up he was coming aboard he weighed 26.4 kilo whole 22.2 gutted he was in great health and long for his weight and i guess well be going back to new spot and the best thing its unknown 2 the boys for a while anyway .... goodluck all raiders hopefully a mid weeker may be on the cards again soon.....moonie........... sorry about pic quality but i had to scan the photo it was on crappy photo paper spent all my money on fishn gear

Edited by moonlitecreeper

i take my hat off to you mate, you put in the hard yards and get rewarded, well done Glenn :thumbup:

i still cant crack that big jewie mate and it drives my nuts, i put in the hours with quality bait in the right spots for nothing ever more than schoolies, i know its a matter of time but you seem to do it all the time. ive seen you (and spoken to you) plenty of times in the usual spots, theres nothing like sussing out new ground and scoring fish, sure beats having to put up with blokes anchoring on top of you. Guess i should learn and try and sound out some new spots for myself.

what bait did this one take, im guessing not squid as ive been doing poorly on squid lately, not that ive been getting out much :thumbdown:

thanks mate as i said to you it will to you too.. me and scotty have spent yrs and thousands of hrs in that place its like our backyard we fall on quiet times and have runs on the small ones you just got to get away from the crowds its joke in some places as you know but their around mate you obvisiously have not seen me lose a fish it kills me for days just fortunate enough to get a run of them lately and when you find a goodspot tell no one.......

thanks mate as i said to you it will to you too.. me and scotty have spent yrs and thousands of hrs in that place its like our backyard we fall on quiet times and have runs on the small ones you just got to get away from the crowds its joke in some places as you know but their around mate you obvisiously have not seen me lose a fish it kills me for days just fortunate enough to get a run of them lately and when you find a goodspot tell no one.......

youve seen me in my Bayliner, with my cousin in his Signature and my mates quinnie centre console and no matter which boat im in your always out there puuting in the hours, im as dedicated as you in terms of only targeting jewies but i cant get the time to fish lately and its killing me...maybe i should buy a newsagency :074: only kidding mate. where is your shop by the way?

Congrats Moonie. You are on fire :biggrin2: It's sure been a pretty good season for big jew, maybe not as good as last season but there are enough to keep us cold and sleepless. Make sure you keep this little hole to yourself in order to avoid the herds.

Penguin, the general rule is a 25kg Jew is about prime for eating. Their flesh firms up nicely at that size :thumbup: unlike soapies and schoolies. We put them back if they are less than 6kg because they truly aren't worth eating and deserve to do some more growing :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

your asking the wrong bloke penguin as moonlite doesnt eat seafood but i can assure you they are beautiful :drool:

unlike soapies and schoolies. We put them back if they are less than 6kg because they truly aren't worth eating and deserve to do some more growing :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

Red, i reckon school jewies taste beautiful too, not as good as big ones but well worth eating, each to their own i guess, besides i can only catch schoolies so they have to do for me.

not as good as big ones but well worth eating, each to their own i guess, besides i can only catch schoolies so they have to do for me.

Anthony, i'm glad you enjoy them :thumbup: . You either have a better way of cooking them, or i'm a spoilt b@stard :1prop: . Mate, if you can catch schoolies, that big jew aint too far away. Keep at it.

Regards

Red

Anthony, i'm glad you enjoy them :thumbup: . You either have a better way of cooking them, or i'm a spoilt b@stard :1prop: . Mate, if you can catch schoolies, that big jew aint too far away. Keep at it.

Regards

Red

I reckon your just spoiled :P Just kidding mate, you put in the hours and are rewarded with the sort of fish i drool over, full credit to you and moonie...and hopefully with a change of luck i might agree with you on the schoolies tasting crap :biggrin2: Theres nothing wrong with letting em go either, i love jewies and it hurts to kill them but i love eating them too, i by no means keep every legal fish i catch.

btw, i just pan fry mine either filleted or cutlets if their big enough with some lemon, salt and pepper...mmm.

Edited by jewnut

hey im a very diplomatic person i not ask for much but the distances some *%#@HEADS anchor to you is damn rite stupid if either of us hook up your both screwed some people just never think bugger spending 15hrs fishing to have it ruined by a nuff nuff in 5minutes i give up along time ago explaining my reasons for this.... let them learn the hard way by losing a fish or two fairdinkum some of them i could lite their smokes for them serious ... :beersmile:

moonlitecreeper: your catches are like, if not better than the ones they post in the fishing magazines, well done! :thumbup:

I wanted to ask, since I just recently put together an outfit mainly to hunt the awesome mulloway/jewie, what's your fishing outfit for them? By that I mean, rod kilogram class, reel & line, leader + hook sizes if you don't mind me asking. :)

post-1424-1144057263_thumb.jpgah blueboat glen

your a fair dinkum legend mate, another 20 plus jewie, how many is that now ?

my biggest jewie in the hawkesbury is still just 6kgs but i know i will get a big one

because you keep proving their about. congradulations on yet another great fish mate.