Rod Suggestions For Daiwa Theory 2000

polar

G'day All

Just purchased a Daiwa theory 2000 - will be spooled with 6lb fireline, used off my kayak targetting mainly bream, flatties, whiting and flounder. Will mainly flicking small sp's and D.O.A shrimp 1/20oz - looking for a 6ft rod - 1 piece - chasing some suggestions from forum members - budget $200 max

Edited by polar

Hi Polar

I do a rod which I call bream UL. This is very thin and light weight with an extremly fine tip. The blank is 6'6" and 2 pc. This rod gets amazing distance with the smallest jig heads and tiny hard bodies like rebel crawdads in the smallest size. Here is a phot of one with a shimano symetre 2000. This is an absolute delight to use. $170 for the rod with the bamboo burl cork and real carbon fibre barrel reel seat with gold hoods.

post-1888-1145183793_thumb.jpg

Thanks Saga

Thats one sweet looking rod :thumbup: - do you do a one piece

This blank is only availbale as a 2 pc and it doesnt take anythng away from it in feel or durability. There are similar blanks in one pc but that means to get the same tip action the but is a lot more bulky and the overall rod changes in character

saqa whats the lure weight range for that rod???

that cork has a deep colour!! very neat..

cheers pk

as a spin model 1-10g

The cork is called bamboo burl and is very grainy and knotty. The colour in this photo is natural for this material and becomes even deeper once the sealer is applied. I can also tint the sealer with golden teak stain