Another Mottyman Parra Report!

mottyman

Howdy Raiders!! :biggrin2:

I got out very early before sunrise today for a solo session. The wind was quite OK early but by 8.00am was ripping in making fishing quite difficult. :thumbdown:

I still managed a fair few good fish today, biggest bream went 30cm, also got a 30cm whiting which was nice. :yahoo:

I fished up till 11.30am and then called it quits as things had been a bit quieter for an hour or so.

The wind made things difficult but I still had a great morning boating a fair few fish.

Some Pics....

post-237-1145677726_thumb.jpg

post-237-1145677755_thumb.jpg

post-237-1145677786_thumb.jpg

post-237-1145677803_thumb.jpg

post-237-1145677835_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hey Stewy,

Yes mate, 2nd time in a row in the salt now.... :biggrin2:

I actually thought of you today when I hooked one of those bream. I found myself saying "That's what I'm talk'n about"!!!!!!!!!!!!! :074::074:

Had a nice time this morning, shame about the wind, but a few fish none the less!

Cheers

Don't you looooooove those gulp sandworms?! :biggrin2:

This is turning out to be our little FR secret isn't it? No one else seems to be using them :wacko:

Another good report Dave - and that's a stonker of a whiting! I'm looking forward to summer again when hopefully we will get a huge dump of rain, Narra lake opens and cleans up, and I can go stalking whiting on the flats again, this time with the gulp sandworms!

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, I do love those sandworms - just a bit!!! :074:

I did take a flatty on a good old Bass Minnow today though! :tease:

I just love fishing the flats for bream. I was fishing in 1 metre of water at times and they run all over the place. The whiting was fun too and just a touch over 30cm.

Thanks CFD!!!!! I do enjoy myself!! :074::biggrin2:

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Rob,

Stewy is dead right. Silverwater has great parking but the river cats fly past in a very narrow part of the river. I was retrieving the boat there on my own once and the wash from a river cat pushed my boat right up the ramp - high and dry and I was thankfull I had the motor right up and not just trimmed to shallow drive!!

I was glad I owned a tinnie and not a glass boat that day.

There's also a massive cement block just at the side of the ramp that will fix your prop right up - I hit that once as well. On the other side there's some sand but also lots of rocks so the only place to leave the boat is on the ramp while you park or get the car. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

This could all be fixed with a wharf and a pontoon, but that would be too easy now wouldn't it..... :wacko::wacko::tease:

Cheers

David.

Those bloody gulp worms got me coming back for more attempts on the sp's - i now have about 6 packets - not much i know but obviously i've been bitten

Can you eat fish out of the Parra? never fished there & dont know whether i should have a crack?

Hi Roy,

I don't eat fish out of the Parra at all due to the dioxin. Even before it was in the news as much I still wouldn't eat a fish west of Gladesville bridge.

There's been quite a bit of chat on here about it and probably worth a read I guess.

I release ALL fish I catch in the parra.

Cheers

David.

Hi Roy,

I don't eat fish out of the Parra at all due to the dioxin. Even before it was in the news as much I still wouldn't eat a fish west of Gladesville bridge.

There's been quite a bit of chat on here about it and probably worth a read I guess.

I release ALL fish I catch in the parra.

Cheers

David.

G'day Dave,

Yes i have been reading all the articles, just wasnt 100% sure so just checking.

But if the fishing is that good, maybe i should get the 5M quinnie down on the parra

Hi Roy,

Definately worth a try mate and your 5 mtr quinny will give you access to the areas I don't go in my little boat like up under the bridge and into the harbour proper if you wanna go that far.

If you're heading up that way at day break, have a troll around Cockatoo Island... never know what you might pick up :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Good day Raiders, jew's at kissing point

on live tailor, around the 7kg mark

top tides next couple of days as they chase

the mullet and tailor up river on the BIG tides.

Ill be there Friday after work.

Gaff

Good day Raiders, jew's at kissing point

on live tailor, around the 7kg mark

top tides next couple of days as they chase

the mullet and tailor up river on the BIG tides.

Ill be there Friday after work.

Gaff

There's been tons of mullet and other bait fish in and around the mangroves on the high tides so I don't doubt "bigger critters" would be chasing them around.

Hope you do OK Gaff! :biggrin2:

Cheers

Hi Roy,

Definately worth a try mate and your 5 mtr quinny will give you access to the areas I don't go in my little boat like up under the bridge and into the harbour proper if you wanna go that far.

If you're heading up that way at day break, have a troll around Cockatoo Island... never know what you might pick up :thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

David.

Dave,

We might need to catch up & you might need to take me & my quinne for a tour.

The Pioneer,Golf Club or RSL maybe :beersmile::1beer::gathering:

Dave,

We might need to catch up & you might need to take me & my quinne for a tour.

The Pioneer,Golf Club or RSL maybe :beersmile::1beer::gathering:

Mate, sounds great but I'm right in the middle of moving house so no fishing for me for about the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Send you a PM.

Cheers

David.

Mate, sounds great but I'm right in the middle of moving house so no fishing for me for about the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Send you a PM.

Cheers

David.

Moving House !!!!!!! :1yikes::1yikes:

I'v only just been able to put the street directory away & use the memory bank to get to your current house.

Geoff

Moving House !!!!!!! :1yikes::1yikes:

I'v only just been able to put the street directory away & use the memory bank to get to your current house.

Geoff

:074::074::074:

Mate, I'm actually moving about 20 odd km closer to you. We're still renting but its a bigger house with more space for us all.

I'm moving further away from the Bass but closer to the Bream!!! :074::074:

Cheers

David.