One Lure Rules Them All

G'day raiders. Just a short CR posting on behalf of a mate whom I brought him fishing on monday 24th. We were shopping for some terminal tackles once and came across the pink smilin jack. I told my mate that this was one of my favourite lures and he gladly bought one too and gave lure fishing a try. That happens to be his first and only hardbody and his 2nd maiden trip in lure fishing. It probably took him some time to figure out the proper retrieve and with some tips, he managed to catch this:

post-283-1146020291_thumb.jpg

Yup, the padawan has outdone the sith lord in the most surprise fashion. :mad3: A fan-bellied LJ hooked nicely by the rear treble in its mouth! :1yikes: Later on, he was asking me if he felt a pressure on the lure, what should he do? I replied by saying just give a yank if you reckon it wasn't weed. He cast back the same spot and did what I told him, up came this shock again: :1yikes:

post-283-1146020305_thumb.jpg

Well done my padawan, the dark side has abilities that some considered UN-natural... :074: An awesome day for him, a big donut rewarded for me instead.

Ronald

ahh beginners luck how good was it!!

im not surprised about the squid (only how did he keep it on !!) that lure has patterns like a squid jig .

if you dont mind me asking were you fishing in sydney harbour?? and what is the price and depth range of those lures im interested.

cheers pk

Edited by pk-fishn

ahh beginners luck how good was it!!

im not surprised about the squid (only how did he keep it on !!) that lure has patterns like a squid jig .

if you dont mind me asking were you fishing in sydney harbour?? and what is the price and depth range of those lures im interested.

cheers pk

Mate smiling jacks are a seriously underated bream lure - at about $4 a pop you grab 10 for about the price of two SX-40's. They have a secret underground following that noone really talks about because for the price - theyre so damn effective.

I think they run to about 5 feet - standard bream diver really.

crystalliser: I read the subject & was like, a "Lord of the Rings" fan, then I read all your Star Wars gibberish. hehe

"FISH OR FISH NOT, THERE IS NO TRY" :1prop:

I sparsely use the smiling jack (I use the sneaky scorpion mostly) & caught this chopper by it's eyeball.

post-1763-1146478830_thumb.jpg

They are a good effective lure & the price makes them a real champ. I usually use mine to test new fishing grounds, see if there are any snags etc then I switch to the sneaky after it's safe. hehe :1fishing1:

They are a good effective lure & the price makes them a real champ. I usually use mine to test new fishing grounds, see if there are any snags etc then I switch to the sneaky after it's safe. hehe :1fishing1:

That's a sneaky move indeed :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Just wondering if the sneaky scorpion your talking about is the Halco RMG Scorpion 35?

Also can the "sneaky scorpion" and pink smiling jack be purchased from department stores that stock fishing gear or will you only find em in tackle stores? What should i expect to pay for them each if buying from a tackle store?

Cheers

Smilin Jacks around 6 buxs from where ever you decide to buy em ,hard to find at times in the colour ranges

Cheers Stewy

It is great to see that a cheap lure like the Smilin Jack can bring a fisherman confidence, which sometimes means Fish. Fishing a lure in confidence is like a man with a big..............! lol. Sorry!

But I have just spent a heap of money on some jackalls that I got from Japan and I am getting tempted to purchase some of these Smilin Jacks.

I must admit, I am still a fan of the ATTACK LURE!!!!

Thanks Stew

Picked up a 4g one in pink with black stripes, if you dont mind me asking what other colours and sizes are you having success on?

Cheers

There is a purple one with white under belly ,green with yellow u/b prawn colour ,red head black body and a few i havent seen.Only use the small one ,the bigger one doesnt do it for me

Edited by Guest

There's also a garry glitter one what works will with elton John Line. That explains why Jack is Smilin ?

My 2 cents worth. :beersmile:

Thats right one of the boys the other day called one of them the dame edna everidge lure :1prop: