Fishing Port Hacking

inked

can anyone suggest some spots in the hacking to fish.

a mate and I launched up the river and mucked around for a few hours on Tuesday. I couldn't believe how clean the water ways were down there. This was my first time on the Hacking and would love to give it another shot.

thanks

Hey Inked,

In no particular order....

Pink public mooring bouys in Dark BAy, Carruthers Bay (check the street directory for locations of these bays).

At the entrance of south west arm along the shorelines.

Lilli Pilli on top of the sand flats at high tide and along the edges of the drop offs. Have taken salmon here before. The fish are extremely spooky on the shallow flats in the gin clear water though.

Yowie Bay near the sailing club and moored boats.

The Hacking can be a funny place, on one day and off the next.

Hope you do OK.

Cheers

David.

can anyone suggest some spots in the hacking to fish.

a mate and I launched up the river and mucked around for a few hours on Tuesday. I couldn't believe how clean the water ways were down there. This was my first time on the Hacking and would love to give it another shot.

thanks

Hey inked

I seen you out there Tuesday (recognised the boat from swap and sell) and you weren't far away from what I consider to be the best spot in hacking.

You were anchored just out from south west arm, if you head up into it and anchor just past the second red can, find the dropoff from the sandbar (it drops down about 7m).

This spot always produces for us we've caught everything here flatties.bream,snapper,trevally,leather jackets,salmon, blue swimmer crabs, tailor and we think we had a run in with a king on tuesday but it busted us off so we don't know for sure but we have certainly seen them in the water there. If the weather is good a troll down the coast is always worth a shot while a bit of bottom bashing around Marley should see you with a few reefies.

Cheers Rob

Edited by robthefisherman

The Hacking can be a funny place, on one day and off the next.

your not wrong David, got a big 000 today,yesterday plenty of bream on plastics before the wind came up and two 70cm lizards on livebait plus a suspected good jew run.a fickle system but lovely all the same