Sydney Harbour

riceball

Fished the Harbour on Saturday from 4pm till 7pm. Got fresh squids, pillies and Tuna fillets for bait. The first hour goes disappointed, but hits suddenly came just after the sun set. Was too busy to manage my 3 rods by myself. But it went down quickly after 1 hour. Got heaps of undersized reddie and small trevallies. Managed 2 bigger trevallies and a snapper just being legal and a good size tailor.(dunt have the measurement) I was after flattie and wishes of a late autumn jewie for the session. (caught a nice flattie at the same spot 2 weeks ago. see pic attached) Disappointed none of them appears to be active due to the cooler water perhaps? But still had a ball with a feed of fresh fish.

Cheers

post-1028-1147058857_thumb.jpg

post-1028-1147058882_thumb.jpg

post-1028-1147058957_thumb.jpg

Edited by riceball

Fished the Harbour on Saturday from 4pm till 7pm. Got fresh squids, pillies and Tuna fillets for bait. The first hour goes disappointed, but hits suddenly came just after the sun set. Was too busy to manage my 3 rods by myself. But it went down quickly after 1 hour. Got heaps of undersized reddie and small trevallies. Managed 2 bigger trevallies and a snapper just being legal and a good size tailor.(dunt have the measurement) I was after flattie and wishes of a late autumn jewie for the session. (caught a nice flattie at the same spot 2 weeks ago. see pic attached) Disappointed none of them appears to be active due to the cooler water perhaps? But still had a ball with a feed of fresh fish.

Cheers

I thought the harbour had toxins .Are you alright after eating them? :1yikes:

Some nice fish there.. keep at with the Jewies you'll get one sooner or later :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Being 4 years i am still in search of my first jew. :1badmood: i am pretty much given up for this season, but i am gonna start some serious research during the winter, and hopfully i can have a more productive season next year. :1prop:

I thought the harbour had toxins .Are you alright after eating them? :1yikes:

G'day. Can you tell if i am still alright?

nice fish mate in particular the tailor and jew!

which part of the harbour were u fishing by boat or shore..

I thought the harbour had toxins .Are you alright after eating them?

i think thats all bullshit, ive been eating fish from there for many years and theres nothing wrong with me(yet :1prop: ), but i mostly fish in middle harbour where I think its much cleaner water.

nice fish mate in particular the tailor and jew!

which part of the harbour were u fishing by boat or shore..

i think thats all bullshit, ive been eating fish from there for many years and theres nothing wrong with me(yet :1prop: ), but i mostly fish in middle harbour where I think its much cleaner water.

I was fishing from the shore near george's head.

well done on a good night session, mate there are quite alot of jews around in the harbour at the moment, a mate of mine who is a jewy king is getting 2-3 jews a session in the harbour, the bastard wont tell me where though cause he thinks i will tell everyone ( and he's right). He catches all his bait himself