Dollies 5 Albatros 1

offtap1

Decided another run to botany wide fad was in order to try and calm that itch i got last week, headed out in forecast sloppy conditions all alone. Sloppy was an understatement right from day break there was a good swell with choppy conditions and rain :1badmood: decided there was no way i could get to wide Fad 18 kms , so slowly ran out to near one 9 kms out. Got there to find no-one as silly as me to venture out. Started Burley trail and threw in unweighted pillies, got hit straight away and lost, within the first 20 minutes had bagged 4 dollies and dropped about 10 some at side of boat with dollies giving a spectacular performance jumping and shaking head and sometimes dropping hook in air :( . Then came 6 or 7 albatros to visit , quite pleasant they are until they take all the bait you introduce to water even when weighted they were circling and dive bombing baits :thumbdown: No bait, No fish and wouldnt leave me alone , one got tangled in a rig i had out and could not get off. I had to bring him in towards boat and with a bit of a fight (Man there Big) managed to release him unharmed , Would you believe they all left after that :thumbup: . Any way bagged one more dollie and sea was unforgiving much worst now so headed back slow as . Sorry no pic of albatros. Sorry about sea pic taken on phone while trying to drive does not give justice to conditions.post-1870-1147410377_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1147410516_thumb.jpg

Saw you launch this morning, and well done on the dollies you’re a heartier soul than I :biggrin2: . I just turned tail and went home :( , and as luck would have it I blew a tire & wheel bearing on the way home. :1badmood:

That's amazing.

You drive out , berley 20 mins and BanG!

Got to love this city.

Those pics are good for a mobile phone camera, which model ?

Nokia 5140 only Pic of Sea but, other pic from digital camera at home. Also i had only dropped in burley when first hit they were everywhere when i first pulled up, maybe not even needing burley. Its as if they seem aroused when they hear you pull up and come up to investigate because caught and lost most in first 20 minutes and then hit only now and then even with burley.

Guest Big-Banana

If the birds are bothering you try chillis :wacko: . Drive me nuts! But after having a taste they soon dispense.

Water temp?

If the birds are bothering you try chillis :wacko: . Drive me nuts! But after having a taste they soon dispense.

Water temp?

Thanks for advice , but ill probably down them my self dont mind the old hot stuff, also i dont have Temp gauge but water felt suprisingly warm. I had problems last week at this Fad getting them to bite even though fish at boat in burley trail or maybe just curious, but this week different story , didnt see any until hooked. Far Fad definately had more fish as at last week and much better size i found.

Guest Big-Banana

Seas been rough so less people would have been hitting them, less pressure more fish. Didnt hear of many 15-20kg ones taken this season though.

Always at the beginning and the end of the season the fads hold more fish, just a tip put your own fad out there.

Water temp?

20.9 at wide fad for sure

20.5 inside fad i think.

conditions not dangerous but hell sloppy.

report coming

Edited by stevefish

Well done on the dollies.

That was me you saw, i was heading in after going to the wide FAD with Stevefish, conditions were a bit sloppy but got better the further we went, then the wind kicked in, our results are in Steves report, pics now added