Lucky King - Toronga Zoo

rebehy

Sydney Harbour hasn't been too good to me this season as far as kings go but I did manage to land an 70-80cm one on Saturday on 2kg gear. It was great fun and took over 30 min. came close to being spooled a few times and it walked me around the cruiser 360 degrees before finally surfacing...

Ok..ok...so it wasn't exactly landed... My mate sort of lost his grip on it just as my line snapped at the hook when he lifted it above water. It plopped back in the drink and sort of sank slowly before swimming away.

I've gotta kick myself as it was the first time I go fishing without my landing net. We were trying to lighten the load as we took both our familys on board.

What started out being a family day out on the water ended up being the best day, (and fish) in over 10 years for me.

BTY. This Kingy took prawns from the bottom while I was fishing for bream. It struck as I was retreiving the line to check bait.

I was starting to lose faith in the harbour before this.

Great fun on the bream gear. You've done well to even get a look at it.

I guess the net will be one of the first items packed next time.

Dougie.

Always the way!

Take the net and no fish, leave it at home and garentee you are going to need it.

Great effort on 4kg though

That would have kept you on your toes!!!

My theory is that is you touch it and then loose it.. its considered as "Catch and release"

(well thats how i justify not crying myself to sleep every night!!!)

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

My theory is that is you touch it and then loose it.. its considered as "Catch and release"

hahahhahahahah i agree!!!

now i can sleep better after my fishing trips!

:1prop:

Edited by Dont Shoot Da Chinamen