Lucinda Walk-on Jetty

Krazi-kev

Fished 2 days over the weekend. about 12 undersized grunter. Lost all my gear on something tooooooo big. 2 undersized barra and a cat fish.

Very windy and rainy

next time...............HMMMMMMM!!!

Damn, it must of been big then if it took ALL your gear :05: , what did it take btw , nothing too expensive i hope

:biggrin2:

Damn, it must of been big then if it took ALL your gear :05: , what did it take btw , nothing too expensive i hope

:biggrin2:

300 metres of 50lb braid

A whole mullet (20cm) on 8/0 circle hook

Next time

The locals were using 200lb handlines but not much happening

300 metres of 50lb braid

A whole mullet (20cm) on 8/0 circle hook

Next time

The locals were using 200lb handlines but not much happening

I'd been waiting to see how you got on.

I don't know how they can hold onto them even with 200lb. The one I hooked up didn't even have a go. I'm not sure it was the least by fazed that I had hooked it. It just leisurely swam off and there was no way I could stop it. I doubt I would be able to snap 200lb line.

I can't hold onto 30-40lb groper down here on handlines. Do they ever get them in? I must say, I have always been keen to go back for another go, but with what gear?

I'd been waiting to see how you got on.

I don't know how they can hold onto them even with 200lb. The one I hooked up didn't even have a go. I'm not sure it was the least by fazed that I had hooked it. It just leisurely swam off and there was no way I could stop it. I doubt I would be able to snap 200lb line.

I can't hold onto 30-40lb groper down here on handlines. Do they ever get them in? I must say, I have always been keen to go back for another go, but with what gear?

Seen some big rays landed and the occasional small shark but never seen a big groper landed. I would love to have a go at it though with some big handlines. I also doubt very much if I could ever land a 50lb Groper never mind the resident 150lb Groper that supposedly lives under the jetty