Fishraider Fiji 2007

mrsswordfisherman

Watching the IFISH story today on Fiji set me and swordfisherman thinking about a fishing trip/holiday there.

Perhaps there are some other raiders out there that would enjoy a holiday there :1fishing1: . Group rates are cheaper and charters would be exclusively FR members.

Anyone interested?

Cheers mrsswordfisherman (full of the travel bug) :074:

Guest Saqa

I know the perfect hotel to set up base. Wananavu resort on the north coast of Viti Levu about 2 hours drive from the international airport. The Villas are cheap and they have a few centre console long boats which can fish 3 fishos each nicely. I go there almost every year and always do plenty of light game and bottom fishing trips out of this resort. the guides are very good and put you onto some great fishing without sounders or GPS. The spainiard I am holding up in my profile came on one of this trip.

The rate are extremley good. Last trip I booked the longboat all to myself for $150 fijian dollars and I got a nice estimated 50kg yellowfin. The price does go up a little bit every year. Early may is the best time in my experience

If you want a serious chance at a grander Blue or Black Marlin + oodles of Yellowfin & other game species then you can't go past Vanuatu.

I'm mates with the skipper of Nevagivup, a state of the art 34ft Blackwatch. He's part of the Southpacific anglers group over there. E.T did a show on it about a year ago. They also have a 43ft luxury Mariner cruiser.

Last time I was there we tagged a 400lb Blue & jumped 1 off that was 600lb+. That was on a half day charter!

The guys own the Harbour Villa. A beautiful waterfront house with pool & cook for the guests. The boat picks you up from your backyard each day. It's also very close to town.

Dean Butler takes groups over there to try for Marlin records on Fly gear.

Costs for flights, 7 nights in the Villa, lunch & dinner, 5 full days game fishing & airport transfers cost about $3000.00. Awesome value for what you get.

You would need a minimum of four & maximum of 10 for 1 or both boats.

Let us know if you need more info,

Cheers,

Grant.

If you want a serious chance at a grander Blue or Black Marlin + oodles of Yellowfin & other game species then you can't go past Vanuatu.

I'm mates with the skipper of Nevagivup, a state of the art 34ft Blackwatch. He's part of the Southpacific anglers group over there. E.T did a show on it about a year ago. They also have a 43ft luxury Mariner cruiser.

Last time I was there we tagged a 400lb Blue & jumped 1 off that was 600lb+. That was on a half day charter!

The guys own the Harbour Villa. A beautiful waterfront house with pool & cook for the guests. The boat picks you up from your backyard each day. It's also very close to town.

Dean Butler takes groups over there to try for Marlin records on Fly gear.

Costs for flights, 7 nights in the Villa, lunch & dinner, 5 full days game fishing & airport transfers cost about $3000.00. Awesome value for what you get.

You would need a minimum of four & maximum of 10 for 1 or both boats.

Let us know if you need more info,

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks for that info Grant. I actually saw that Blackwatch the other day when I was surfing and checking out Dean Butler's tours. Kahuna Charters (South Pacific Anglers affiliate) has some good pics of Nevegivup on their site. The Kahuna looks fabbo too. Is Cappy Flash your mate? Have you been out with these guys?

So many excellent places to check out arn't there.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

I have been out with these guys & I can't speak highly enough about them.

My mates name is Charlie Wheeler. He's the owner of Nevagivup. I met & fished with him in Kenya about 5 years ago. He keeps me informed on the captures from time to time.

Flash came aboard just after I fished there last time. He skippers the Kahuna.

The Kahuna is a top boat as well with all the mod cons.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...