Female Fisho 4 Day Fishing Flunk!1

femalefisho

Hello Raiders,

Well didn't I put my foot in it!

Bragging about four days of fishing with very little to show you all :05:

Anyways, 4 days on the Hawkesbury was great!

Stayed in a little cottage at Bar Point and hit the water as soon as we dumped our clothes and food.

I was very excited when I landed a bream off the jetty out the front while we were setting our rods up. YAY.

We did catch fish but compared to what we know and are used to in the Bay we still felt a bit dissapointed.

Jim and I always fish the Bay or Georges so we were the blind leading the blind about the Hawkesbury.

We fished around, over and on reefs, eddies, rocks, sand, pylons, structure etc you name it.

On our last night kept getting hits ( and some big ones) but only producing little jew

On our last day finally got into a good area on the Vines.

And amongst all that only 2 catfish.............YAY, oh yeah some bloody thumper scary pike eels like as long as the boat!!!

Anyway we ended up with 19 bream ( all 35cm and above ), and 2 small jew that were keepers but threw back perhaps 40 odd bream and half dozen baby jew ( how cute!!!!! )

No big jew ( so Jim was sad :( ) but what a relaxing and stunning place to spend four days!

Will be back and a lot more clued on now to where all the action is.

Edited by femalefisho

Guest fishrunner

better luck next time female fisho :(

Sorry to hear yourself and jim didn't do as well as planned, though 19 bream over 35 cm aint to bad is it :biggrin2: .

I'm sure it was still a relaxing holiday anyway :biggrinthumb:

cheers,

better luck next time female fisho :(

Sorry to hear yourself and jim didn't do as well as planned, though 19 bream over 35 cm aint to bad is it :biggrin2: .

I'm sure it was still a relaxing holiday anyway :biggrinthumb:

cheers,

:dito: Shame that it didn't turn out just like planned, but sometimes fishing is stubborn! 19 big bream is a good tally, and at least some jewies were present, regardless of size.

Flattieman.

Hey top effort, ive been to the hawkesbury a few times and never have i done that well. now that i mention it ive never done anywhere near that well. lol

Great catch and keep up the good stuff, good to see the ladies getting in on the best sport in the world.

cheers.

There are those days :( but it just makes us keener for the next trip out ...eh? There must be something sadly wrong with us do you think?

By the way Female Fisho I think I need to talk to your other half. I'd really like to know how he 'converted' you to a fanatical fishing type person. I must be doing something wrong. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Wombat

There are those days :( but it just makes us keener for the next trip out ...eh? There must be something sadly wrong with us do you think?

By the way Female Fisho I think I need to talk to your other half. I'd really like to know how he 'converted' you to a fanatical fishing type person. I must be doing something wrong. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Wombat

Wombat, did you ever think it may be femalefisho that converted her bloke to fishing??? :074::074:

Ha.

Well wombat I was brought up on the water whether it be fishing, skiiing or just cruising with my old man and pa so i was a pretty easy one.

Although I enjoyed fishing Jim was the TRUE fanatic. He has fished and I mean 4 or 5 plus nights per week pretty much for the last 12 years. I love the time alone, chatting and of course competing against each other fishing!!!!!!!

And the best thing about Jim is that no matter how much he knows he is ALWAYS ALWAYS willing to learn and trying to learn off everyone and is so encouraging.

If you guys could have seen the tangles, messes, stuff ups , squid jigs lost, all tackle actually lost and generally being in the way big time when we started going out, you would laugh. I am surprised he kept allowing me to step on the beloved!!!!!

I will tell him to join up. He was on another site but this is the BEST!!!

YAY.

GO THE WOMEN FISHOS!!!!!!!!!!!