There`s Always A Story With Jewies.

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Every Jew Has a Story & I Love A Good Yarn .

The Li`l fella got tired of waiting for his Missus to get back from netball , so , he grabbed his gear and legged it down to the beach (approximately I kilm away ).

He then set out on another brisk walk for about a ½ click ,searching for a predetermined spot he marked earlier that day .

Arriving just on dark , he set up shop , then after rigging up , lobbed a golfball size bunch of worms into a small hole, that had formed A few days prior .

About 7 Pm , tap , tap , tap , suck , suck ,suck , nudge, nudge , and then , all hell broke loose!. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , then , 100 metres of 50LB Braid sceamed off the reel , and thus , The Waltz of The Mulloway Began !.

Now for those who are not familar with the The Waltz of The Mulloway , it is something between a Foxtrot , Tango and a Quickstep , with a touch of the Barn Dance thrown in as well .

Side together , side together , slow , slow , quick , quick , slow , and soon you have covered some 50 metres of dance floor ( “ beach “ ) sideways , desperately regaining line , whilst never relaxing your grip or the pressure on your “ Partner “, ( Miss Mulloway ! )

Finally the musicians change the tune , and as the tempo slows , you change Tack.

Three steps forward , three steps back , and with the “ Pumps “ working overtime , 25 minutes or so later , you know your`e on a good thing , as your partner slowly surrenders , and glides gently onto the sand .

Once beached , you seize the moment , and racing down to greet her , you lovingly reach down and embrace her with Both arms , and after a quick butch kiss on the cheek , you “stomp” up to your gear , and nestle her gently in the sand .

With heart pounding , and legs shaking , you flop down on the sand alongside her , and light up a ciggie , ( sound familiar ?) then , it sudenly dawns on you , that you are a long way from home , and also alone .

Ok , no worries you think , I`ll just ring the missus and tell her to pick me up in 35 minutes , so you reach for the mobile , and switch it on , but the battery is dead flat , dead as a doornail , bugga !!!.

Ok , so on to plan B .

You have a large hikers backpack , so you slide you catch head first into it , lash her to the straps hanging down here and there with 50lb mono trace , and sling the the whole pack up onto your shoulders.

So far so good , now , you have ½ a 52 Pounder sticking out of the backpack , and when you finally manage to wriggle the pack into a comfortable position on your shoulders , a large tail flops forward over the top of your beanie covered head like an umbrella.

Clad in Heavy Duty Waders , carrying a long rod with a big reel , plus a 50 pounder and all the Hooks , sinkers , and extra gear that you need for this type of fishing , you slide one foot in front of the other and TANGO up the beach to the roadway.

You now have a 1 kilometre stroll along the roadway to the OldFellas Unit , and with this bloody GREAT tail flopping over your head , combined with the clop,clop , clop of heavy duty wader boots hitting the roadway , the sound greatly amplified in the dark , you just hope and pray , that everybody in Old Bar Is sound asleep , because not only did you not want to stop and chat , you are painfully aware you look like something that just crawled out of a space ship.

And once again I cannot post the pic , so have emailed it to ken.

Mick

There you go Mick nice fish (KA)

post-1-1148459017_thumb.jpg

Edited by OWZAT

Wow Mick that is a great analogy of how to land a Jewfish from the beach and I did indeed have a chuckle to myself when I pictured that in my head .Hats off to you guys who do that much work to score a whopper :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Guest fishrunner

That's a cracker of a jew there :yahoo: , Well done.

That's a strong clothesline you have there, must be the industrial fish hanging model :1yikes:

cheers

G`day Fellas ,

Fishrunner , If you look closely , you will see the clothes line is almost brand new .

This happens when you hang waders out to dry , facing upwards , and tie the braces to the supporting arms so they wont blow a way in the wind .

It`s also a good idea to remember to bring them inside before you get a torrential Downpour during a storm .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest fishrunner

hey OWZAT, thought it looked new :074: ,

Hope it goes the long yards and supports many a big jew :thumbup: , I can see the other empty hook, looks like JNR was planning on bringing home 2, :biggrin2: .

Congrats again

cheers

WOW thats an awsome catch mate, must of been satisfying.

I m hoping to tangle with a few jews on saturday night and into sunday morning. ill be happy with a soapie lol.

great stuff keep up the good work.