Late Report At Ic

Hi guys,

Joined this forum sometime back but din realli post any CRs before. Alright, reason being nothing fantastic bout my catches. :05:

Anyways,

Fishing mate (aka Oz fisho) came back from his holiday back home in Singapore. Upon reaching on sunday, was telling mi how itchy his hand was. So a monday SP session was arranged at our usual SP grounds at IC.

I was the last to arrived and both mates were already flicking their plastics hoping for their first catch. I sat down and realised that i left my roll of leader (10 pounds) at home. Got some 6 pds ones from mate and tied a 3 inch BM at the end of it.

First cast and the line from my spinner struggeled to flow out smoothly. Reckon it must be the minimal use of my Diawa freams this season. The BM only flew half the dist from a normal cast and I was thinking, maybe the fishes are nearby so i proceed to flick the bm.

Second flick i felt some weight to it. I stuck and it powered off. Not far but was good to hear the drag scream a little. Suddenly remembered that i am on 6 pds and backed off the drag abit. Reckoned it was a flatie witht he head shakes and slow run. However when it surfaced, realised it was a big one. Haa boi was i excited cos haven caught a good sized fish for a long time.

Mate struggled to land it using his newly bought lip grip as the fish still had some strength in it. Finalli, after several attempts, a PB 74 cm flattie was safely landed. Tks Ronald.

Okay.. not realli big to most of ya but to mi is kinda an achievement . haha

(P.S the leader snapped while pictures where being taken. Gald it dun give way before it was landed)

Cheers all and happy fishing.

post-1166-1148532752_thumb.jpg

That's a great flattie. I know the part of IC you were fishing at, familar for me, have caught heaps of flatties there but none of them reached that size. :thumbup: . If you need a fishing mate next time give me a PM, as i often fish that area too.

Guest madsmc

Awesome flathead there kahleong, especially on such a light leader. Congrats on setting a new PB. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Hi guys,

Joined this forum sometime back but din realli post any CRs before. Alright, reason being nothing fantastic bout my catches. :05:

Anyways,

Fishing mate (aka Oz fisho) came back from his holiday back home in Singapore. Upon reaching on sunday, was telling mi how itchy his hand was. So a monday SP session was arranged at our usual SP grounds at IC.

I was the last to arrived and both mates were already flicking their plastics hoping for their first catch. I sat down and realised that i left my roll of leader (10 pounds) at home. Got some 6 pds ones from mate and tied a 3 inch BM at the end of it.

First cast and the line from my spinner struggeled to flow out smoothly. Reckon it must be the minimal use of my Diawa freams this season. The BM only flew half the dist from a normal cast and I was thinking, maybe the fishes are nearby so i proceed to flick the bm.

Second flick i felt some weight to it. I stuck and it powered off. Not far but was good to hear the drag scream a little. Suddenly remembered that i am on 6 pds and backed off the drag abit. Reckoned it was a flatie witht he head shakes and slow run. However when it surfaced, realised it was a big one. Haa boi was i excited cos haven caught a good sized fish for a long time.

Mate struggled to land it using his newly bought lip grip as the fish still had some strength in it. Finalli, after several attempts, a PB 74 cm flattie was safely landed. Tks Ronald.

(P.S the leader snapped while pictures where being taken. Gald it dun give way before it was landed)

Cheers all and happy fishing.

Nice fish well done Mate, a PB is allways good CONGRATS :1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1::1fishing1:

Tks guys..

Yup first time i got such a good size flatie there too. Btw the fish was released to grow bigger.

Good luck for ur guys this weekend.

Hopefulli i will get something big again too..

Jay

That's a great flattie. I know the part of IC you were fishing at, familar for me, have caught heaps of flatties there but none of them reached that size. :thumbup: . If you need a fishing mate next time give me a PM, as i often fish that area too.

No probs mate...

but most of the time we go there kinda like a last min organisation. Its jus 15 plus mins drive from where we are. If ya see mi there, do come up... We can exchange some spots ard there. I find some areas more productive then others..

Mate 74cm is not small to anyone either! :biggrin2:

I certainly haven't landed anything bigger from Iron Cove.

Makes me rethink me only fishing 4lb leaders out there...

Well done!

Mike

ps btw make sure you carry a NET lest you have a tragedy like I did with my big bream a few weeks ago! ;)

Edited by Little_Flatty

haha brudder! I'm not known here as Oz Fisho (that nick belongs somewhere else). finally u decided to post my man.. good on u! :thumbup:

u're da champ mate! no matter how i cast, how i twitch, how i retrieve, how i change lures continuously, how i pray and beg the fish deities :1worthy: , i can never push across the 60 mark. :ranting2:

this is what i got today (hope u dont mind me hijacking):

post-283-1148561020_thumb.jpg

my current PB 59cm

yup, a 1cm push across from my previous. what a stingy achievement. :mad3:

at least i got to use my own grip! :tease:

haha brudder! I'm not known here as Oz Fisho (that nick belongs somewhere else). finally u decided to post my man.. good on u! :thumbup:

u're da champ mate! no matter how i cast, how i twitch, how i retrieve, how i change lures continuously, how i pray and beg the fish deities :1worthy: , i can never push across the 60 mark. :ranting2:

this is what i got today (hope u dont mind me hijacking):

post-283-1148561020_thumb.jpg

my current PB 59cm

yup, a 1cm push across from my previous. what a stingy achievement. :mad3:

at least i got to use my own grip! :tease:

Nice fish Crystal :thumbup: and I do like that rod grip you are using as well :biggrin2:

Well done on another pb

Cheers Swordfisherman

Did I ever tell u guys I hate you both. lol good stuff and great timing too. Wait till Darryl goes away b4 all catching all those gd fish. Gd catch folks. Both u and ronald has done the long yards and have caught some really gd fish from that place. Well done. The next time i head down to sydney I better get you guys to bring me around and show me the ropes of how o catch fish. Havn't had a gd session for ages and probably forgotten how to fish by now.

regards

DArryl

Did I ever tell u guys I hate you both. lol good stuff and great timing too. Wait till Darryl goes away b4 all catching all those gd fish. Gd catch folks. Both u and ronald has done the long yards and have caught some really gd fish from that place. Well done. The next time i head down to sydney I better get you guys to bring me around and show me the ropes of how o catch fish. Havn't had a gd session for ages and probably forgotten how to fish by now.

regards

DArryl

hmm.... it does seem like the fish are showing up after you left.... :1prop: The first one's 37 and the second at 42...

post-1073-1148733853_thumb.jpg

post-1073-1148733864_thumb.jpg