Hawkesbury River Tips

abiasin

Hi all,

I was wondering how many of you are regulars in the Hawkesbury and if anyone could give me some tips on fishing that piece of picturesque waterway.

I usually like to fish the creeks rather than the main body of water and have found that Berowra Creek to be my best at the Hawkesbury. In saying that my best on one day is not very good and for whatever reason i just cant seem to do well there. :(

About all ive caught there is a nice bream and a blue swimmer crab. Oh and not to mention the chopppers but if you cant catch them you should really give it away. lol.

Im really after flatties and jewies in particular and have heard Berowra Creek is great place for both, but im beginning to wonder if it is.

Ive tried all baits, including fresh squid, pillies, hawkesbury prawns both peeled and unpeeled, mullet strips, live and dead tailor. i dont know what else to do.

If anyone could provide me with a few pointers i would really appreciate it.

Thankyou.

coba point in close to the houses on berowra side before you go round the bend. very deep water from the shore line. caught bream flathead and jews there. use several baits and your surely bound to pull some nice fish in :1fishing1:

coba point in close to the houses on berowra side before you go round the bend. very deep water from the shore line. caught bream flathead and jews there. use several baits and your surely bound to pull some nice fish in :1fishing1:

yes ive heard of that spot before, i may have to give that a go also while im on the water hopefully on sunday if the weather permits.

the :wife: has said its ok so please mother nature behave.

just to add to my post earlier, what are the best rigs for livies (tailor and yakkas) im relatively inexperience at rigging for these baits and probly am doing it wrong. i just use a livie hook size depending on the size of the livie and a ball sicker to slow him down abit with a swivel and a 1-2 m trace. ???????? any suggestions.