Ocean Calendar 2006

Flattieman

G'day Raiders,

I just wanted to inform you of a product that I have recently come into possession of - the 2006 NSW Ocean Calendar. I'd firstly like to mention that I'm not in any way affiliated with this product's manufacturer (apart from owning one!) and simply think that it would be a very useful product for many Raiders :thumbup: .

Ever been annoyed when trying to scrounge around for a tide table and daylight/moon chart? - I know I have. This product does away with all the hassle of the search process and is definitely more convenient :yahoo: . It's a double-sided poster that presents tide high/low, tide size and tide time for each day, the sunrise and sunset for each day and moon phase (by halves) for the applicable days (as well as the full and new moon nights/times) in a pictorial, easy-to-read (and reference) format. It also includes a bit of info on beach gutters etc.

It's simple to plan sessions/trips based on the coincidence of tide/moon/daylight (or dark) and is ADJUSTABLE TO SEVERAL NSW LOCATIONS. Just put it up on the wall and it's all there in front of you - anything fishing-based that depends on celestial/global processes can be easily planned in advance e.g. the coincidence of the flooding of tidal flats at sunset (a peak time for flatties at least :biggrin2: ) or the coincidence of a new-moon phase with tide height/movement and time of night (for prawn runs). The list goes on.

I got my copy at a promotional price of $9.95, but the rrp is $15.95 - well worth it, I say! I believe that the poster is available through good newsagents. Pic to come.

Hope this helps,

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman

mate i consider myself lucky as i have a calendar with all the info on it on moon phases and tides as well as the tide time diffrences eg. sydney heads and the hawkebury road bridge which is around fifty minutes behind!! there are a few calnders with it you just have to look for them mine is from my local chemist and it was for free!!!

cheers pk

mate i consider myself lucky as i have a calendar with all the info on it on moon phases and tides as well as the tide time diffrences eg. sydney heads and the hawkebury road bridge which is around fifty minutes behind!! there are a few calnders with it you just have to look for them mine is from my local chemist and it was for free!!!

cheers pk

I acknowledge that, but this is the best I've seen and also shows moon times, sunrise and sunset.

Here's a pic of January's entry (moon rise/set times are found further down on the poster):

post-1466-1148771213_thumb.jpg

Flattieman.

wow! the professional layout of that calendar,would be very useful for when planning trips in a hurry!!! it craps on my calendar which is just charts!!

cheers pk.

Yeah - takes pride of place on any wall in the house. As I said in the info, it's very easy to use.

Flattieman.

sounds very much like an add you sold me now i ll see if i can find one

Not an ad - just trying to tell you guys about something that I thought you'd find useful. If anyone's wondering, I have gained permission from Ken and the moderating team to talk about the Ocean Calendar. As I said, I'm in no way affiliated with the producers of this product.

Flattieman.

wow! the professional layout of that calendar,would be very useful for when planning trips in a hurry!!! it craps on my calendar which is just charts!!

cheers pk.

Great find Flattieman :thumbup::thumbup:

I have been looking for one ever since you posted the picture and haven't been able to find it. :thumbdown:

Anyone had any luck ??

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers flattieman

I'll keep an eye out, it looks great, and for anyone who thinks flattieman has an alterior motive for pushing this I gotta tell ya he is one of the most helpful blokes around.

The amount of times he has pm'd me with info and reports on questions I have asked on the boards here is unbelievable and there has been no gain in it for him other than to help out a fellow raider.

Good onya Champ :thumbup:

Cheers flattieman

I'll keep an eye out, it looks great, and for anyone who thinks flattieman has an alterior motive for pushing this I gotta tell ya he is one of the most helpful blokes around.

The amount of times he has pm'd me with info and reports on questions I have asked on the boards here is unbelievable and there has been no gain in it for him other than to help out a fellow raider.

Good onya Champ :thumbup:

Thanks mate. Good to hear from you :thumbup: .

Flattieman.

I acknowledge that, but this is the best I've seen and also shows moon times, sunrise and sunset.

Here's a pic of January's entry (moon rise/set times are found further down on the poster):

post-1466-1148771213_thumb.jpg

Flattieman.

I cant quite make the pic out. How about you retake the photo, in macro/focus, no flash just good light and maybe take a pic of each month left this year and post them up. Not that I want to print them out mind you, i just like to check on quality before I buy, really :P:P:P

I cant quite make the pic out. How about you retake the photo, in macro/focus, no flash just good light and maybe take a pic of each month left this year and post them up. Not that I want to print them out mind you, i just like to check on quality before I buy, really :P:P:P

:074::074::074:

Yeah, right!

Flattieman.