Botany Bay With Sea Jay

Outnumbered

met up with Iain at 5am at the cooks river ramp with hopes of trevs and maybe a kingie that decided to hang around.

we loaded up with livies and hit the 3rd runway with expectations high. it wasnt long before iain had a great burley trail going and we had bait and plastic floating gently through it with livies on the bottom.

iain's livie sprung into action within 10 minutes of hitting the water and iain was on to it in a flash, groans all round when he retrives it to find only the head left from just behind the hook, cleanly bitten through :1badmood:

my turn next and my livie starts getting nervous so i pick up the rod feel some weight and set the hook, at first i called it for a big lizard that hadnt woken up yet, then iain see's some color and calls it for an ugly big squid, then i see it and couldnt believe my eyes.

my first ever John Dory.

all hope of kingies left our mind and were replaced with JD but unfortunately that was it, we had a ball catching horse slimies for a while on plastics then went looking for something else to play with in the cooks river.

we flogged the water with plastic and bait but all we could get were small bream and a couple of small whiting.

the fish just didnt want to play today but the fluke capture of the JD sure put a smile on my face.

thanks again for the invite Iain it was a pleasure to fish with you and i look forward to returning the offer soon

post-470-1148801540_thumb.jpg

Wohooooooooooo Brian now thats a nice eating fish you lucky turd :biggrin2: well done to you and Iian

Cheers Stewy

Did you get a measure on it Brian the mark to beat is 40 cms

:dito: ! :yahoo: JD! JD! JD! You never know what's hanging around at the Third Runway.

Flattieman.

Guest Sea Jay

No worries brian it was a great day to be out i had a ball, pitty the fish didnt want to play some more.

So thats a cherry popped for you brian and a record in the pocket

And that was my first half decent catch on a SP

My catch of the day was a concrete bridge caught on a 3" Pumpkin Seed Bass Minnow with 4oz jig head, it was taken straight off the cast :074::074::074::074:

Anyways congrats again Brian great catch with the JD let us know how it eats, should be tops though

tell us all how it goes on the table.

did it have much meat on it? i always thought they looked a bit thin.

CFD

great feed mate, i stuffed it with onion garlic and herbs and it fried up a treat, as far as the meat goes it fed both Teri and I with a bit left over.

i'll have 1 of them every trip thanks, it's now my favorite eating fish (pity they dont fight harder)

Guest fishrunner

:thumbup: great catch there outnumbered, just a pity there weren't more for the both of you, maybe youv'e cracked them now?!

cheers and nice photo too :biggrin2:

Guest madsmc

That's a ripper john dory Brian, sounds like it went pretty well on the tooth also. Very envious. :drool::biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc