Oyster Farmer

bullfrog

I'd never heard of this movie before but decided to rent it as the one I wanted was out. I actually found it very enjoyable.

It was filmed almost entirely on the Hawkesbury & I'm sure that many of you will recognise the locations used. It looks like a low budget movie and it has a lot of bad language plus a sex scene (which is unfortunate as my kids would have enjoyed seeing the movie), but if it's available in your local video store you might like it.

I'd never heard of this movie before but decided to rent it as the one I wanted was out. I actually found it very enjoyable.

It was filmed almost entirely on the Hawkesbury & I'm sure that many of you will recognise the locations used. It looks like a low budget movie and it has a lot of bad language plus a sex scene (which is unfortunate as my kids would have enjoyed seeing the movie), but if it's available in your local video store you might like it.

Yes swordie and I have often looked at that in the dvd shop. I believe our movies made here are excellent generally. Thanks for the review, I shall take a look at it.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Guest fishrunner

Yeah, I quite enjoyed that movie as well, the :wife: loves her arty/aust movies, she suprised me with this one, good gritty story on a river we all know. :biggrin2:

Just finished watching it and it really was a top movie ,thanks for the heads up :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Glad you enjoyed it, I certainly did.

When I mentioned the low budget aspect, did you notice that he appeared to have a black eye about ten minutes before the actual fight scene? Me thinks a slight editing error!

Edited by bullfrog

If you like aussie movies, whatever you do DON'T get Aussie Park Boyz. Its a movie about different ethnic gangs here in australia, what got me is that its rated for frequent violence and course language (my kind of movie), so I gave it a try. WHAT CRAP. The production is so bad in one scene where it is crossing between 2 gangs talking, that the colour cast (ie time of day) was considerably different between gangs and so was the background noise. TERRIBLE STUFF and a disgrace to our country. I just hope it isnt released overseas.