Tiger Shark Caught.

BottomBasher

post-2032-1149480817_thumb.jpg :1yikes: Fishermen who hauled in a massive 1,100 pound tiger shark off Massachusetts this past weekend failed to capture first place in the monster shark derby on Martha's Vineyard.

The reason: Beacuse of it's weight the boat was six minutes too late in returning to Oak Bluffs harbor with its catch.

The toothy tiger shark may not have won the competition, but it did win the admiration of other fishermen. Steven James of the Boston Big Game Fishing Club said this truly was a monster shark, and one that "could eat you." :1yikes:

post-2032-1149480817_thumb.jpg :1yikes: Fishermen who hauled in a massive 1,100 pound tiger shark off Massachusetts this past weekend failed to capture first place in the monster shark derby on Martha's Vineyard.

The reason: Beacuse of it's weight the boat was six minutes too late in returning to Oak Bluffs harbor with its catch.

The toothy tiger shark may not have won the competition, but it did win the admiration of other fishermen. Steven James of the Boston Big Game Fishing Club said this truly was a monster shark, and one that "could eat you." :1yikes:

Haha no S**t Mr James...

That's a bloody huge shark, I think its a real shame that it was killed for no reason...

Guest madsmc

I suppose the one thing you wouldn't have to worry about is having it tear you in half. With a gob that big it would simply swallow you whole. :1yikes:

Shane

:1fishing1:

I suppose the one thing you wouldn't have to worry about is having it tear you in half. With a gob that big it would simply swallow you whole. :1yikes:

Shane

:1fishing1:

True! :1yikes: That's one huge shark! I agree that it is a shame that it was killed, though.

Flattieman.

Mate... we'll just dump it in the tip!!!

( sounds like Berma' in the old days with the tip full of marlin ) AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:mad3:

:beersmile:

Yep, its a shame to kill something that grand :(:(:( With all the cameras and videos they should take pics no lives....

Awesome animal,.as harsh as it sounds he would look damn good on my mantel.

.Fish and chips for a suburb there..Im sure there havent been many catches of that size in a while and im sure there is more out there just as big.......what we should be doing is looking at all the other sharks killed off too for the sake of the comp..Are they proud in the end ?im sure they are and just think about it the next time you get your catch for a comp??????

I think bottom basher ( top name )

is very cool for finding the pic and posting them, don't get me wrong - I don't want BB to feel bad or not post another great photos ... which they are.

Tony if you mean they are still dumping marlin in (2006) the tip my bloody heart bleeds. We should get some snaps of that and absolutely smash those anchors.

Apologies for the rant BB .... I am a passionate old fart / 40 grade sand paper as pointed out once.

Salute :beersmile:

Likewise BB, In no way was my comment directed at you, I'm fascinated by sharks and love seeing photos of massive ones, I just feel its a shame that the animal had to die for no reason...

Haraka- I'll send you a link to a story that will indeed make your heart bleed, and yes I'm talking about season 2006.

Its a f**king disgrace. :thumbdown::mad3:

:beersmile: no offence taken> :beersmile:

I think bottom basher ( top name )

is very cool for finding the pic and posting them, don't get me wrong - I don't want BB to feel bad or not post another great photos ... which they are.

Tony if you mean they are still dumping marlin in (2006) the tip my bloody heart bleeds. We should get some snaps of that and absolutely smash those anchors.

Apologies for the rant BB .... I am a passionate old fart / 40 grade sand paper as pointed out once.

Salute :beersmile: