Important Please Read

Gibbofisho

i'm not a polli but a concerned rec fisho, i know for a fact that lots of the people that read this site will never read the "appropriate section" because unless the "appropriate section" is read than threads like "fishing reports" will become obsolete.

i'm not a polli but a concerned rec fisho, i know for a fact that lots of the people that read this site will never read the "appropriate section" because unless the "appropriate section" is read than threads like "fishing reports" will become obsolete.

Well said Gibbofisho. I also get frustrated that you hear people complaining about Marine Parks, Sanctuary Zones, dioxins, caulerpa taxifolia (a noxious weed) etc, but when it comes to actually taking some action they stick their head in the sand.

I'll see you there.

Gibbo, as much as i agree that rec fisho's need to voice their opinions and make them selves be heard the thread you have linked too is quite political and has some strong political views.....making labor look badfor example.

I am always involved in matters that will help rec fishos, and i helped to organise the Pittwater protest earlier in the year through Pete Le Blang.

But when we start talking politics i think it takes something away from this site which i personally feel is the best fishing site for NSW fishos. The fact that the majority of members have very open minds and dont talk politics makes this site great.

I think its great that you are trying to make all fisho's aware of the situation but i think you could do it without getting too much politics involved and if you did i am sure you will have a much greater response.

Good luck with it Gibbo and i hope you are successful

Whilst we all try and be as diplomatic as we can and yes this site is great for that as we all try and respect each others opinion... the truth is we are loosing all our rights under our noses and unfortunately it's the political parties that are making these decisions. Whilst I also think there is a little too much emphasis on actual political parties in this actual case, the truth is if we don't get united as a group ie People Power we will loose even more :1badmood:

I tried to raise this as a by-comment in a different thread, unrelated to the original topic and it got little response which is fair enough. It might not effect us 'city folk' too much in the short term but think about our country friends and your favourite holiday locations in summer, these towns rely on the tourism $ that fisho's bring in very year.

Whilst there is no simple way of putting this we are loosing a lot of right and unfortunately if it doesn't get raised by people like us who love their fishing so much well.......maybe we one as pointed out we won't have a report thread to talk about. Think about it :(

Guest Jewel

Pull your heads out of the sand folks, its not an issue of Liberal Vs Labor Vs Green!

None of them are worth feeding!

Its about maintaining a lifestyle we all enjoy.

Stand up and be counted.

Its only numbers of votes going the other way that will make either side take notice.

Whilst we may not talk politics on the site (which I believe is a good thing) it is politics that will screw us in the end, if we dont make our voice heard.

I couldn't agree more Jewel, If any of you are naive enough to brush this issue off as just a political agenda then you are sorely mistaken. I'll be there, and i'll see anyone else there who cares enough about the simple liberties such as posting a fishing report up or for that matter going fishing full stop.

Hi all, just putting in my two cents worth....

I can't see why the politics revolving around fishing cant be discussed openly and honestly on this site. There seems to be a general consensus that prohibits the discussion of such important and relevant matters guised as 'the best interests' of this site and its members. Yes, we all love what this site provides and in particular the way in which we treat each other but we cant be ignorant about the fact we are being discriminated against by certain political agendas. This is as much a relevant topic as what fish are biting and where. I also understand that these discussions provoke raw emotions within us so opinions may clash and heated arguements may occur. Ultimately we should feel emotive about this issue it affects and concerns us all. Without a forum to discuss it, though, how do we reach a resolution, how do we develop alternatives, how do we mobilise as one united voice against this predicament, as this thread is trying to do here.

Yes, i enjoy reading about members fishing reports and experiences and based on this i would appreciate your views on this whole MPA debacle as well as any other fishing politics. You are people with similar interest to mine and share a common denominator with me in terms of how we view our environment and how best to manage it. I can understand Netic's opinion that the lack of political verbage makes this site great but i don't think that is the best way to inform and educate. The more we discuss these issues the better position we will be in to make informed opinions about them.

Will i be there on Sat?... you bet your bottom dollar i will. Hope others don't feel that one person cant make a difference. If a thousand of us say the same thing then we lose serious clout. Every one person make a difference.... Hope to c u there

Yes these issues should be openly addressed and that is exactly why this site has its own subforum on News & Politics. Debate on issues such as these will help to inform and educate members. However, whilst general debate is healthy we do have to respect others views.

Members who don't post openly on political issues are not ignorant or hiding their heads in the sand, I believe they just choose not to enter into an open debate.

Thank you to those that inform us of current issues. I am sure it is all being taken on board :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

To all, my reason for posting the notice, 'that there is a thread ON Fishraider' in the fishing report section was based on assumptions that more users will see it and take notice, and so far based on the forum statistics this thread has had more views than the origional in the "issues and polotics" section of the forum. Sufice to say that there are users who may not be intentional, but do fly with the blinkers on, for the origional thread will have a direct impact on the number of fishing reports you will read in the future.

See you all there, look out for the disgruntled beardo!