Hawkesbury 9/06/06

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Justgot back in

Here are the Hairtail form today

post-1963-1149846100_thumb.jpg

Man what can you say... got out nice and early to catch the morning high. First cast - hairtail, second cast - horse tailor, third cast - fat ass brim..whats going on supposed to be catching jewies!!!!!

Eventually got my big baits set and waited the turn - zip on the big rods but the little ones kept firing. Banjo - Sand Sharks / Bream / Tailor / Soapie jews / Small Snaper / Small Hammerheads / Squid / and then ... now and again a Hairtail.

The Hairies are here guys...I think that makes six for the week for me.

Still struggling to tangle with a big jewie but after a day like today not too bothered it hasn't happened yet.

Bait - dead ordinary shell servo pillies!!! I did a whole 2 kg bag today. (No Burleying either)

Weather was overcast and rain, very little wind.

Have just finished dinner - 1 x Hairtail, 1 x squid, 1 x Tailor 1 x garden salad and 1 x bottle wine. Yahhoooo

Hope those of you who go out this long weekend I hope you have as much luck as I did.

Cheers

inhlanzi

PS I will post some more pics.

post-1963-1149853606_thumb.jpg

Edited by inhlanzi

Guest madsmc

Inhlanzi, king of the hairtail!!!

You've hit the nail on the head there Flattieman. Nice work inhlanzi. :thumbup: You're certainly doing a good job of proving the "hairtail myth" wrong. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Guest fishrunner

Goodness gracious me :thumbup: , I'm amazed , seems like you've got it wired!,

Well done on those beasts

cheers

Guest Saqa

Bloody hell mate. :1yikes: Thats awesome. Looks like I should just go ahead and put your name on the prize rod for hairtail social :biggrin2: . Thats awesome catch. I wish I can get at least on the night.

well done!! i cant wait to hear what bait, rigs, and tides you were fishing with (thats if youll let this information leak lol) bloody amazing looking fish, i love the chrome silver colour of them, How do you go about cooking them? they look good for cutting into small sections and beer battering..

Edited by wettingaline

Great effort mate, looks like you have the river sussed out quite well..Well done on the catch, quite impressive to say the least..

Whats the deal with the bronzie and the bream on the same hook,the shark go after the bream and end up on it aswell? :wacko::1yikes: