Hawkesbury 11 June

Sammy

Well it was a much anticipated trip and the only dampener was going to be the weather literally..with rain and huge winds forecast we set out half heartedly in the dead of night. Arriving at the ramp around 2am we were greeted by still conditions, in fact too still and we concluded that this was the calm before the storm.

We concurred that we launch and try a few closer spots ( to the ramp that is ) in the even that it turns on us. As it turned out it looks like the big front missed us completely as we only got a nice dump of rain for 10 or so minutes and few gusts of those chilling chilling SWesters..other than than that it was a classic winters day fishing.

During the night hours we were getting the standard eel and catfish on the bite but as the light was first approaching we decided to move over a drop near Dangar Island and that's when the fun began.

None of us bought a camera with us as we thought it would be a no-go due to the weather predictions so we were unable to take a collective shot of our catch but I did manage to capture a shot of my share of the catch after we distributed amongst the 3 of us.

To cut a long story short we had a fantastic Bream session bagging 17 quality Bream ranging from 26cm to 6 over 35cm and a massive Weira Cod? something I had never seen before but the others confirmed it's origin..this came in at 3kg at least and gave a nice account of itself, I'm just sorry I haven't got a photo to share but it looked like something out of Nrth Qld fishing show :yahoo:

It was a great trip in the end and definately worth the effort and I won't even mention the 2 bust offs we had which went like absolute freight trains oh yeah check out the Blue Swimmer biggest I've ever seen!Tight Lines Sam

OH YEAH OLE OLE OLE AUSSSSSIIEE AUSSSSIIEEEE :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

post-1-1150174453_thumb.jpg