Berowra Creek

abiasin

Hi guys,

Went out late unday about lunch in the roaring winds to search for the elusive jewie with my brother and a mate. Managed to catch some live yakkas and tailor to use as live bait to see if we could tempt a jewie. Meanwhile on the bream baits we managed a couple of small bream with only one keeper at just on 26cm, 1 flattie on 30cm so nothing huge.

We did manage though to get busted off on 4 separate runs from the jews on butterflied baits and long waits.

It seems it may not be long before my brother and i snare our first jew.

Excitement was high as the jewies took their runs but inexperience i think got the better of us, as well as not paying attention to the drag on the lines. they had some definate weight behind them, Oh well we will be better prepared next time.

One funny thing to come out of the trip was our mate falling in the 13.4 degree water putting the boat back on the trailer. It was one of the funniest things i had ever seen as he flipped backwards off the boat trailer into the drink lol.

I hope the water wasn't too cold for your mate.

Flattieman.

The water was freezing for him lucky i had a towel in the car so he could wear that or he wouldav been starkers in my car which wouldnt have been to good.

Nice going there champ.. the fish are there that's for sure, we too lost a couple of beaut fish due to mucking about and lighter gear etc..you'll get one soon mate all it takes is the will and then the effort :thumbup:

They are definately there is you have the patience thats for sure. the only downer was a couple of spots we wanted to try were to exposed to the wind and was way to uncomfortable in the peircing winds.

Plenty of bait around though caught yakkas and tailor at will.

I've got a feeling that you guys would've gotten some weird stopped at a red light. :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

not cool lol :1prop: . i think it was the quickest trip home from berowra ever even with the double demerits. i just which i had it on camera to share with all of you on the site as it was out of this world watching him fall. :thumbup:

This is your mate, right? :biggrin2:

Flattieman.

Very good mate, no harm no foul i say. alittle water never hurt anybody, even if it is only 8 degrees outside and 13 in the drink. i cant stop laughing now damn it