Land Based At Bobbin Head

etay

Went down to Apple tree bay this morning with some poppers and metals, but there weren't any pelagics coming out to play (plenty of bait fish though), so went round the corner to Bobbin head and pulled out the light spin gear and some slider grubs. Tide was low, and the sun was coming up over the hills. First cast, something big hits, and a few minutes later, managed to land this 60 cm salmon (with the help of someone I met that morning).

post-1202-1150528433_thumb.jpg

It put up a nice fight, especially on 4lb line and a light action rod. Haven't heard the drag screem like that for almost a year (ahhhh, I have had my yearly fix now).

Couple of weeks ago got this trevally from the same spot (also on the first cast incidentally), so it looks like the winter fish have well and truly entered this system. No sign of bream ANYWHERE though, not even the little ones.

post-1202-1150528447_thumb.jpg

Hey Irrr

I told you I'd join if you posted it. :1fishing1:

Glad I could help you champ, or more accurately, glad my bucket could! Was a beautiful fish.

I was fishing maybe 10-15 metres away and when I heard that drag go off I dropped my rod and went running.

Phil