Botany Bay 17 June 06

Shaun

Got up for an early start this morning at boat ramp about 6am , only to find :ranting2: that id left the Boat keys at home (about 50minute drive with the trailer) got someone at home to run them down to us took 40mins so by this time was nearly 7 , finally we were ready to head out.

Launched the boat only to then have the battery have no kick in it , so there i was with the oar pluddling to the wharf , by this time the my old man had come to see what was wong now? So up to the car he went to take the battery out , couldnt/didnt want to waste any more fishing time.

Put car battery in and we were away , mind you its nearly 730.

:05:

So off we went happy to be out AT LAST , trolled up past mollex point round yarra bay up near the island no luck , swell was about 3/4m rolling through. Brought the lines in and headed back down to molles point to anchor up and try bait fishing fishing few small bream and snapper here , nothing legal so all went back. Wind picked up majorly anchor wasnt holding so off we were again , this time just off the runway using mixture of baits from prawn , pilchards and squid got few nice trevally 28 to 36cm , a couple of whitings round 32cm and highlight of the day a wobbegong shark measuring a rough 1.5metres , got him to surface , got a good look then he broke off. didnt matter he was going back anyway.

That about somes the day up , conditions werent the best , far from it but after the morning start we had , had to make something of the day.

Will be out again tomorow but only just the georges in a mates boat

My first report so im not sure how i went , let me know guys.

Sunkist

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

hey it was heaps better than my last report

good going with the travs and shark

:1prop: