Whos Going To

kikila

With Australia out of the world cup whos going to get up at sparrows to watch the matches? I know I wont.

Will probably make an effort for the big one, but apart from that...............

Sorry zzzzzzzz

G`day Fellas ,

Well , I for one , will not be watching Soccer Again , untill they get the 3rd umpire ! .

That P***K with his whistle , broke the hearts of 25 million True Blues that night , but even so , we should have knocked them over with a one man advantage .

But I have to Admit , thats the second time in 65 years we scared the pants of those Bloody Italians .

They won the Match , but Our Ozzie boys won the hearts and Minds of the World .

Mick

Edited by OWZAT

Guest madsmc

I'm with crow. I'll make the effort for the final, but pass on the rest thanks.

I'll be making a special effort not to watch any more of Italies games. If I wanted to watch diving, I'd go to the olympics. If I wanted to watch good acting, I'd go see a f###ing movie. :ranting2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

I will still be getting up as often as i can, still some great soccer to watch

Have to agree mate.... Still some great soccer to be had

It would have been awesome to see the Aussies in the final 8... and from there who knows. Just by qualifing, then making it to the round of 16 and giving Italy a good scare has done huge amounts for the game in this country.. and earned us some international respect

I have never seen media coverage for soccer like it and it will only further the game...

Guest wayneo

yeah for sure i will be coz there is still some good teams in and my money is on the argentinians

imagine if we did beat those swan divers we would be playing that side ukrain we would be either playing germany or argentina that would have been awsome

cheers wayneo

Edited by swordfisherman

Just a small notice to everyone concerned ,racial remarks will not be tolerated on this site .

We are all passionate about our team.

We do have people on this site who are members and could easily be offended by some of the remarks made .

Cheers Swordfisherman

I love my football(soccer) Theres nothing bigger than the worldcup so I will be up :thumbup:

Likewise mate. Thank god the tournament has come to the stage where we get a break between games. It's killing me. I'm tired, snappy and have no energy to fish :074: GO ENGLAND GO!!!! .........who happen to be the inventors of this game.

Cheers

Red

p.s. a mate of mine summed it up nicely. He says, a 6 pointer in AFL and a try in league feels like a peck on the cheek. A goal in soccer feels like an orgasm :074: They are worth the wait :thumbup:

Once again........GO ENGLAND!!!!!

England invented soccer :1yikes::074:

This is Soccer!

There is documentary evidence that a a game or skill building exercise, involving kicking a ball into a small net, was used by the Chinese military during the Han Dynasty - around the 2nd and 3rd centuries BC.

Earlier evidence - of a field marked out to play a ball-kicking game has been found at Kyoto, in Japan.

Both the Greeks and ancient Romans played a soccer-type game which resembled modern soccer - although in this early version, teams could consist of up to 27 players!

It is impossible to say accurately where and when soccer started - but it is reasonable to assume that some type of ball game - from which the organised sport we know today developed - has been played somewhere on the planet for over 3000 years.

I've had enough of soccer.............actually, I didn't even watch it. :074:

I did read about it in the papers though. :1prop:

Is the world cup still been played or is it all over? Who won?

I must have missed it. :biggrin2:

England invented soccer :1yikes::074:

I was wrong again :1prop: but a quick google search found the following interesting bit of info on the modern game as we know it today.

The most popular game on earth.

The King of Sports? Not according to King Edward.

In King Edward's reign of England (1307-1327), laws were passed that threatened imprisonment to anyone caught playing soccer. King Edward's proclamation said:" For as much as there is a great noise in the city caused by hustling over large balls, from which many evils may arise, which God forbid, we command and forbid on behalf of the King, on pain of imprisonment, such game to be used in the city future."

Evidently judged to be vulgar and indecent, soccer was at times suppressed by the English sheriffs who followed royal orders describing the game as a useless practice. King Henry IV and Henry VIII passed laws against the sport, and Queen Elizabeth I "had soccer players jailed for a week, with follow-up church penance"

Laws, however, failed to stop the sport, which had earned official sanction in England by 1681. The game became so popular by 1800s that, in certain annual contests in northern and middle England, large groups roamed and raged throguh towns and villages. In 1829, an account of such match in Derbyshire spoke of "broken skins, broken heads, torn coats and lost hats."

A record of the development of soccer in England shows that Eton college had the earliest known rules of the game in 1815, perhaps implying that until then, chaos was preferred over order. But order gradually came to the game, and standardized rules known as the Cambridge rules were adopted by England's major colleges.

At 1st, it was England where soccer was originally banned, that eventually exported modern soccer to every continent in the world. today, undisputedly soccer is the most watched and played sport in the world enjoyed by 8 billion people. This past World cup, that took place in the united States was watched by an estimated 33 billion people around the world for almost 27 days. This makes soccer, the most watched single sports event in the world not surpassed even by the Olympics. This sport is bigger than baseball, football and basketball combined.

Regards

Red