Kokoda Sprog

lloyd

G'day mate,

Yep, have tried them and in the process of giving them a few runs on my next few outings. Like all "cheaper knock off lures" some run true others need a tune.

Not sure about hooks and rings, I've just left on what they came with. There's a good article of FR about tuning lures - HERE.

I've only given one a few casts but on my next outing plan to give them a much bigger run conditions permitting.

Kokoda do a whole range of cheaper versions of more well known expensive lures. The kokoda bat works great (fantastic actually) as a surface lure for Bass and I've taken heaps of Bass in Nepean on them.

They also do a Knolls deep diver knock off but I can't remember it's name right now.

Also.... they do a knock off of the Jackall TN60 called a G Vibe which take bass as well.

Most of the tackle shops out around my way sell them out of bargain bins, best price I've seen so far is 3 for $12.

I'm a huge fan of the Kokoda Bats (in black) and I've stocked up big time on them as they're a proven top water Bass taker for me but I'm yet to be convinced on the rest of the range but need to give them a far more serious run in some places where I can normally get a fish or two.

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

corkscrew :wacko:

Hmmm, that's not good news. The one time I've tried one it did pretty much that and swam off to the left.

I thought jeez, I've really got a bad one here but perhaps they all need some serious "tweaking" to get them to run strait.

I have 3 so will give the other two a run and see what they do. If I can get them to run strait OK, but if not... :thumbdown::mad3:

Cheers,

Hmmm, that's not good news. The one time I've tried one it did pretty much that and swam off to the left.

I thought jeez, I've really got a bad one here but perhaps they all need some serious "tweaking" to get them to run strait.

I have 3 so will give the other two a run and see what they do. If I can get them to run strait OK, but if not... :thumbdown::mad3:

Cheers,

this was on a couple... took some serious tuning. but eventually swam straight

Guest madsmc

I've got both of mine working now, after quite a bit of tweaking. They're certainly no SX-40, but OK for the money if you don't mind tuning them.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc

Hi, I've had some problems with a couple of cheapo lures twirling in the water. By the way, when u talked about the lure twirling, do u mean by the body actually roll than wiggling the tail? That's what I faced. Any kind suggestions as to how I can tuned it into tight action? I'm refering to lures with the tow point on a bib. Thanks!

Ronald

• 2 weeks later...

yea i just got kokoda bat,g vide and sprog from big w. picked them up for 5 bucks a piece.

i found the same thing when passing them through the pool test, the sprog done whirlies in the waster and didnt really swim at all!!so will need some tuning