1/7/2006 Smiths Creek

wettingaline

Hey Raiders

Thsi report is a little better than my last one, as this time we actually caught some fish! sorry about no pics, i have to get a digi camera...

We launched at ATB at about 12pm and took off to smiths creek for the tide change from high to low. Anchored up at my favourite spot and threw in the berley bag. Down with the squid strips for bait, and bang me and my mate in with the first two leather jackets of the day within 30 secs of the bait hitting the bottom.

After about 20 mins of leather jacket catching, I pulled up a baby snapper about 15cm, then my mate pulled up another small one, we then continued to catch baby snapper for about another 2 hours non stop, there was tonnes of them. Although they werent a legal size i was happy to see the system so alive and plentiful with snapper.

My mate then got a massive bite and took his rig, we all though "mmmm hairy?" so on with the steel traces and gang hooks, wacked on a whole pilly and ghost lined.....sat there and waited....this took us till sun down, no bites no hairy.

We got back to the ATB pontoon, and saw these massive backfish swimming about. We tried to catch them, but they werent interested in our baits at all...

So all in all a great sunny day out with mates, and good feed of leather jacket. Will be heading out to find mum and dad snapper this saturday, its a hard life isnt... :biggrin2:

Good to see that you caught something this time, wettingaline. Would've been nice to see some pics of those MONSTER BLACKFISH.

Flattieman.

Yeah need to invest in a camera...im sure anyone thatt has been to ATB lately has seen these blackfish, they hang around the pontoon, under the bridge and up the little creek all the time.....i should really invest in a blackfish set up and try and land a few.. it would of been an ideal location for the blackfish social with the bbq, carparks and picnic tables....