Fiji Report

PW!

Guest Saqa

Thats a great catch. You guys have to remember that there is no pro industry their to supply local seafood like ours. most fish are line caught and one pro boat would be a 16' longboat with maybe 2 fishermen and their one nights total catch would hardly be over 30kg.

Grouper family which this cod belongs to are superb eating at this size and it not something which is caught everyday as they mostly reside at offshore reefs where the local longboats arent capable of going. This fish is going to provide plenty of top curries for a few families. Food in supermarkets are almost the same price as here and meat is more expensive. Seafood is also vey expensive as I mentioned there is no big scale pro industry. income is extremely low. They fish to eat and sport is while they fishing to eat. A fish that size is a trophy as well as lots of food

Should have been released :thumbdown:

I dont agree,if the fisherman who caught it didnt break any

laws,then its up to him what he does with it,and know one

else should critisize him.

:beersmile: penguin

Thats a great catch. You guys have to remember that there is no pro industry their to supply local seafood like ours. most fish are line caught and one pro boat would be a 16' longboat with maybe 2 fishermen and their one nights total catch would hardly be over 30kg.

Grouper family which this cod belongs to are superb eating at this size and it not something which is caught everyday as they mostly reside at offshore reefs where the local longboats arent capable of going. This fish is going to provide plenty of top curries for a few families. Food in supermarkets are almost the same price as here and meat is more expensive. Seafood is also vey expensive as I mentioned there is no big scale pro industry. income is extremely low. They fish to eat and sport is while they fishing to eat. A fish that size is a trophy as well as lots of food

well said saqa :thumbup:

No criticism just an opinion and everyone is entitled to that, it makes good discussion.

Guest Jewel

Not enough dolphin in tinned tuna anymore. :thumbdown:

Sharky, you find it amusing to know that my brother was born in Fiji. So yes I have Fijian relos!

Edited by Jewel

Guest Aron
:1yikes: wow 90kg took 2 hours to land and caught off a warf - might have to put my name down for the Fiji social