Pocket Mulloway

Alex

We got a small jewie a couple of weeks back and it had to be the smallest one iv'e seen.

It went about 30 maybe 35 cm tops. Iv'e got a pickie somewhere that i'll find and post up.

Has anyone else ever got one this small before?

We got a small jewie a couple of weeks back and it had to be the smallest one iv'e seen.

It went about 30 maybe 35 cm tops. Iv'e got a pickie somewhere that i'll find and post up.

Unfortunately yes! The ONLY jews I have caught have all been around 40cms! Caught 6 one morning and biggest went 43cm, smallest about 35cm. Was stoked as I had never caught a jew before. Bit small I know, but have never targetted them so can't complain.

Heres a pic I found. It was caught while fly fishing for bream not by me. Cute little critter.

Spot on there mate. That was about the size of this little guy as well. Shocked me when he came up. Thought it was going to be a half decent bream or something.

Guest madsmc

Unfortunately, all of mine so far have been around that size. Still getting out there and hunting the big one though. :thumbup:

Shane

:1fishing1:

it may be tiny but bear in mind those of us who have never caught one and have tried and tried and tried would love one even 1 cm long. lol

cheers.

Guest Aron

At the recent camping & fishing expo (June 24-26) Hombush - NSW fisheries had a stall in which they had a fish tank with about 10-15 small mulloway they would have been about 15-20cm long.

Part of there promotion of re-stocking program (at shovhaven i think)

At the recent camping & fishing expo (June 24-26) Hombush - NSW fisheries had a stall in which they had a fish tank with about 10-15 small mulloway they would have been about 15-20cm long.

Yeah - the fingerlings are funny.

Flattieman.

I was about to mention that but someone beat me to it :biggrin2:

Guest crow

Unfortunately yes! The ONLY jews I have caught have all been around 40cms! Caught 6 one morning and biggest went 43cm, smallest about 35cm. Was stoked as I had never caught a jew before. Bit small I know, but have never targetted them so can't complain.

:dito::1crybaby:

Edited by crow

Guest maraudingmado

Caught a few around 30cms just off Dangar Island a few years ago and caught 2 of about 25cms in National Park at Audley.

Yeah i also got one under the road bridges about 10cm about 10 years ago with a few mates when i was in high school. It was pretty much our biggest catch accept for my fluke 1kg bream! I say fluke cause back then i barely knew how to tie a knot properly!