Balmoral 7th July

KingsRule

Got down about 4.00pm, saw a massive scool of whitebait all along the wharf, decided to cast some plasticsarouns the edge of the school to see if anything was hungry, about 15mins into the casting the salmon come through, i hook up, (it hit like a train!) , made a few good runs and a nice jump or 3 and then i beached him, soon after to be released infront of a small crowd :1prop: Not bad for 45mins fishing!

Whitebaitcopy1152261465.jpg

What they were feeding on ^

Salmoncopy1152261664.jpg

would have been about 50cm

P.S, im not sure, but i have never caught any salmon before this year, does anyone else rekon the temporary ban in netting in the harbour has made the fishing alot better , or is it just me?

nice sambo mate, i think the fishing is definately better in the harbour nowadays with a mixed bag quite common.

was there much other action apart from the sambos mate, im thinkin of hittn the harbour on sunday as the hawkesbury (where i planned to go isnt firing at all this week).

cheers.

Edited by Kingies till i die

Being landbased i couldnt really say, although there seems to be loads of birds around & fish busting up around balmoral island & moorings and clifton gardens near the navy wharf and out near the yellow markers.

Also i have spotted a coupld of nice JD's recently so maybe there worth a shot?

hope this helps a bit

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

:thumbup::thumbup:

very nice day out on the waters!

bet you got some big :1yikes: from the gathering crowd!

nice one!

Edited by Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

bet you got some big :1yikes: from the gathering crowd!

Yeah, although i think most of them could not understand why i threw a 'salmon' back, when i tried to explain that they were not the best of eating i got a few odd looks ..

:1tongue:

Being landbased i couldnt really say, although there seems to be loads of birds around & fish busting up around balmoral island & moorings and clifton gardens near the navy wharf and out near the yellow markers.

Also i have spotted a coupld of nice JD's recently so maybe there worth a shot?

hope this helps a bit

where did you see the JDs?

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

Yeah, although i think most of them could not understand why i threw a 'salmon' back, when i tried to explain that they were not the best of eating i got a few odd looks ..

:1tongue:

sambo sashimi is fantastic!!!

if bleed on the spot and served stright away with some soya sause and wasabi... :drool::drool::drool:

seriously try it one day!!!

highly recommended :biggrin2: