Sydney Harbour 10/07

Jaso

Ok well it was a long time between drinks for me.. haven't been for a fish in my boat for about 3.5months now :1badmood: which is slightly embarrassing to say the least..

But Monday I took the day off work (being the birthday and all) and went into the harbour to see if the reports of Salmon were true... and they were.

As I rounded North Head at the leisurely time of 9am (had to watch the world cup grand final) there were indeed schools of salmon busting up on the surface. Being a week day there were only a couple of other boats around.

They were pretty fussy and would not touch small metal slices.. I was fishing with my brother and suggested he go down to a 2inch white soft plastic stick bait and that did the trick.. 2 fish in 2 casts. The salmon were not that large - possibly 1.5kg fish but still on the light gear they were loads of fun..

When the sun got a little higher the schools sounded and I didnt see them again...

Headed over to sow and pigs for a change and decided to burley up and see what was in residence... leatherjackets, single trevally and the usual reef stuff..

In all a nice day on the water, except the steering and autopilot on my minn kota decided they would no longer work.. so its back to the manufacturer.. dont think its the foot control because of the autopilot (which is in the head of the 'leckie).. so we will see..

No complaints tho.. some fish and a great day to be on the water! :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Jaso ,sometimes if your battery is very low the prop will turn but the head and servo wont .

Happened to me once and thanks to the members :thumbup: All I had to do was charge the battery back up and no further problems

Cheers Stewy

Edited by Guest

Sounds like a great session!

I was out there aswell ,what boat were you in?

Also if you dont mind, what placcies were you using :biggrin2:

Rob

Thanks all..

[i think] the plastics were either a:

- 2.75 inch zoom tiny fluke in 'albino', or

- 2.5 inch lunker city fin-s in 'white satin'..

I'm not certain because they are very similar, and I have them stored in a 360 box out of the packets.. its either of those 2 though.

I have to admit I havent seen these lures here (I stock up from bass pro when i visit the US) but Im sure there would be something similar here... 2-3inch flick bait in a white or pearl..

Also - on the subject of the minn kota - my sounder was on all day (I know they dont consume a lot of battery strength) and was still fine, but also I have a RT55AP with the battery maximiser and the gauge to tell you the strength.. it gave me 3 bars on battery strength, and also the autopilot just wouldnt come on at all.. so I think theres definately some electronics.. its on its way to BLA as I type so it should get sorted :-)

Edited by Jaso