Quintrex Bayhunter Specs Questions

johnno

Hi to all

I am searching to buy a Quintrex Bayhunter 4.75 99-2002 model

I can,t seam to find any local to me so i can Measure or i don,t want to waste

people's time who are selling them interstate as i feel this is not fair on them.

Would any raiders out there know the specs on the above boat for the following

beam width ? 2.0m or2.2m

height of screen on trailer? 2.08m on the new 4.75 Coastrunner

Max HP? 75hp i think from doing a good google search

Transom motor Weight? 140 kg from a Google search

Weight of boat? So i can try and make sure the trailer has brakes if need be

when did the Millenium hull Start?

sorry for all the question's

But i don,t want to do alot of searching and waiting for the right boat and it dosesn't fit the garage or up the drive,Or not What i am thinking it is.

Regards

Johnno

Ps Thanks for the Help

hi Johnno welcome to the site.

Beam 2.19m

Height on trailer 2.07m

Max horse power is 75 on the older model and 80 on the newer models.

Max transom weight is 175kg

weight is around 410kg

Not exactly sure when the millenium hull started, but you can easily tell if it is or not. I do know that 2000 onwards had the new hull.

The Bayhunter has two models...the CV and the Caprice. The Caprice has the walk through dash.

Let me know if you need any more info or want a ride on mine to help make up your mind.

cheers

PD

[

Here are some specs for you mate. The Millenium Hull has only been around since the mid late 90s i think. Easy way to tell is by simply looking at the hull and seeing if it looks like this. Dont confuse the millenium hull with the flared bow which quinies have always had on models from 4.5m and up.

post-229-1152620493_thumb.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Length overall 4.93m Topsides 1.6mm Max hp 60hp

Lenght bow-transom 4.75m Bottomsides 3.0mm Transom Shaft L/S

Beam 2.02m Weight 360 kg No of people 5

Depth 1.17m Runabout Flared bow

RECOMMENDED

Horsepower 50

Trailer QS47L

Garage height 1.95m

Lenght on trailer (motor down) 5.85m

'pekingduck'

What year and model do you have

Grantm

Would you know what year those specs are from

thanks guys it has been a bit of a help but not clear as yet

so any more info would be great

Ps Thanks for the welcome

PSS- I knew if i came here i would start to get on track nd get answers

i have been reading the forums for a while

Dont know the year Johno. I found these specs from a dealer add on the net - cant find it again either ! :wacko:

The boat was the Caprice model though, could have been an older one too. The definatley got a bit wider as the model got newer.

It does highlight the fact that there looks to be some minor specification differences between the age and model varients in which case you should probably get the exact measurement of the actual boat your interested in and go with that to be 100% sure. That model ran for a while so it stands to reason there would be some upgrades.

With the brake issue make sure you take into consideration 60kg for a tank of fuel and maybe 50kg for gear. You would be suprised how much a fully loaded boat can weigh in reality verses what the added up specs say. There are a shit load of boats out their on the wrong trailers. The last boat i bought was a new boat - on the wrong trailer sitting in the yard. Very common. I had it swapped with no dramas. Put it over a weigh bridge if your unsure.

Good luck

Johnno the 475 hulls changed half way through 2003 they are now called 480 they got longer and

wider , I have a 2003 Legend witch is the same hull as you are looking for but is a centre console

the best advice i can give you get the Millennium Hull it is great ,soft and dry ride ,at the risk of

upsetting onwners of other brands I think it is the best ride of any aluminium boat in its class

I would be glad to take you for a ride any time

If you email Quintrex they will send you a catalog

If want any more info PM me your phone number only to happy to help

Mate, I have a 2000 475 Bayranger Caprice + 70hp Yamaha (2 stroke) which I bought new. Only wish was that I spent the extra $2,600 and got the millennium hull which had just come out.

Don't think I will ever sell it as it is perfect for solo trips and is fine with 2 fishing. The cuddy cabin gives heaps of shelter on cold or wet days or at night. Protected driving position which is higher than the runabout. Add a bimni and rear qtr seats and its perfect for a family of 4.

Only issues have been a pretty crappy paint job in places and corrosion under the paint along the gunwals due to salt water getting under the gunwal strip in-between the spot welds. Aparently this is pretty comon and does not cause any problems except a little paint peeling here and there.

Fully loaded it would be close or above 500kg so I got a braked trailer. Better safe than sorry. I was told insurance companies will check your weight if you do have a big accident.

I think I still have the original catalogue with dimensions etc if you still want these.

Edited by Scienceman

• 1 year later...

G'day fellow Fisho's!

This is my first post so if I ask any stupid questions please forgive me?

I recently bought a Quintrex Bay Hunter Caprice, 2000 model and it is great, some old guy owned it previously and it was hardly used, fastidiously maintained.

It currently has a 2000 model Yamaha 50 4-stroke on the back, its in good condition with only 120 hours on the clock but I find that with a full tank, the family and the gear it hasn't got quite enough Horsepower.

So I am going to upgrade shortly, the compliance plate says the boat is good for 75hp, but I think this would be an overkill? [comments]

I was thinking of a 60hp Yamaha 4-stroke, or a 60 E-tec, is this enough?

I don't want to win off-shore races, just cruise comfortably with a quiet, reliable motor.

I have done a thorough search of the posts to get the info I want but I am still undecided.

Any comments from owners of similar boats would be welcomed.

By the way, congrats on an excellent site with heaps of useful info.

Cheers,

G'day fellow Fisho's!

This is my first post so if I ask any stupid questions please forgive me?

I recently bought a Quintrex Bay Hunter Caprice, 2000 model and it is great, some old guy owned it previously and it was hardly used, fastidiously maintained.

It currently has a 2000 model Yamaha 50 4-stroke on the back, its in good condition with only 120 hours on the clock but I find that with a full tank, the family and the gear it hasn't got quite enough Horsepower.

So I am going to upgrade shortly, the compliance plate says the boat is good for 75hp, but I think this would be an overkill? [comments]

I was thinking of a 60hp Yamaha 4-stroke, or a 60 E-tec, is this enough?

I don't want to win off-shore races, just cruise comfortably with a quiet, reliable motor.

I have done a thorough search of the posts to get the info I want but I am still undecided.

Any comments from owners of similar boats would be welcomed.

By the way, congrats on an excellent site with heaps of useful info.

Cheers,

Gdayyyy Smiffy and welcome to the site,I had the option of a 40 or max 50 and went with the max as its always good to have that little bit in reserve when you most need it :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Welcome Smiffy !!

I think you need to look at Power to weight . Without getting into the usual 2stroke vs 4 stroke debate , the 4 strokes are a great motor , but they do carry a penalty : weight.

In the situation you quoted above , I think the 60HP Etec would be my choice . I have a 75 Etec on my boat , but it is substantially heavier than yours , and it absolutely flies. 60 HP would be the choice for you IMHO.

Ross

Wow my first post on Fishraider has re-surfaced

:1welcomeani: to the site smiffy

To boat would look pretty good i would imagine with the low hours

i did purchase a 5.0 seabreeze which is the size up from yours

which has a 75hp mercury on it. but mine has a wider beam 2.34m wide

And i want a 90hp on it now so i think max hp is the way to go

just be careful of weight if you go 4 st as they are heavier

also another option might be the yammie 60 hp hi thrust version

If you would like to go for a run and are in sydney let me know.

Edited by johnno

Hi Smiffy and welcome to Fishraider, in your situation to upgrade to the 60HP 4-Stroke will not give you much more performance becasue it is the same engine as the 50HP, both 996cc and same gear ratio. As Ross mentioned the poke of the 60HP E-TEC would be superior to your 50HP 4-Stroke and you would not sacrifice fuel economy, emmisions or noise going to the E-TEC. If you stayed on the 4-Stroke side of the fence you would have to go to a 75HP or 80HP to get significant imporvement in performance and then weight and excess HP becomes the issue and I think your boat would not be rated to the 172KG that a 80HP 4-Stroke is and as you mentioned the max HP is 75.

For you to stay legall and get more performance you have to look at the 60HP E-TEC or if the budget can stretch it a 75HP E-TEC would be ideal becasue then that engine would never be stessed and it does outperform the 60HP E-TEC quiet comfortably.

PM me if you would like some prices for these engines,

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, it is great to have a good source of accurate, practical information.

I assume that the base population on this forum is in Sydney? correct me if I am wrong.

I actually live in Brisvegas, so thanks for your kind offers of a ride Johnno but I will have to pass.

Huey, where's your shop mate? in Sydney I suppose :(

I would like to get an idea on costs though?

Biggest problem I have at the moment is that I am working in New Caledonia and only home 1 week in 5...and it blows and rains like hell as soon as the plane touches down. Still, I am going out on the charter fishing boat here with the boys again this weekend.

Top day reef fishing, lotsa fish and big ba*tards?

Thanks for all the welcomes guys, it is great to have a good source of accurate, practical information.

I assume that the base population on this forum is in Sydney? correct me if I am wrong.

I actually live in Brisvegas, so thanks for your kind offers of a ride Johnno but I will have to pass.

Huey, where's your shop mate? in Sydney I suppose :(

I would like to get an idea on costs though?

Biggest problem I have at the moment is that I am working in New Caledonia and only home 1 week in 5...and it blows and rains like hell as soon as the plane touches down. Still, I am going out on the charter fishing boat here with the boys again this weekend.

Top day reef fishing, lotsa fish and big ba*tards?

Yes you assume right there is a big percentage on this forum NSW fisho,s but all are welcome.

Because it,s not where you live or Fish.It,s what we do as a angler's All info is great where every it comes from

big or small it all helps.

Click Herefor info on Huey

Sounds like the weather has not been great for you either as it has been bad here also

Hi Smiffy, nice part of the world you get to go fishing in. We are located in Northern Sydney, but we can ship outboards around the country.

Check your PM about pricing.

There are BRP dealers in Brisbane so that will not be a problem.

Cheers,

Huey.