Fishing Brisbane Water 12/7/06

Hydro

Headed out on Wednesday morning with my brother for a fish in Brisbane Water. Left the ramp at 6:30 headed to Box Head, heaps of fish on the sounder but few prepared to bite. Caught a couple of small flathead, a squire and rock cod.

About 8:30 a big school of salmon and tailor boiled past tried the SP's, hooked 6, lost 6.

Headed back into the estuary where the water was cold (12 C) and gin clear. Fish very timid to bite, scored a couple of whiting and 3 large wrasse (unusual for B/W) at the top of Paddy's Channel.

Spooked plenty of fish whilst motoring over the sand flats, couple of large lizards certainly caught the eye.

Conditions were ideal with lots of parking spots available.

Used nippers, prawns and fish for bait.

Better than than my best day at work!!

About 8:30 a big school of salmon and tailor boiled past tried the SP's, hooked 6, lost 6.

I must admit I get the best feeling when you are anchored and the school comes to you instead of you chasing the school. :thumbup:

Spooked plenty of fish whilst motoring over the sand flats, couple of large lizards certainly caught the eye.

Don't you hate that? I've seen some bigguns on the flats that are never too willing to take a bait when you're there.

Flattieman.