My First Report,, Blackfish...

galvin

g'day raiders

i got a couple of blackfish this arvo one going 33cm, i have no idea if this is good as i have only started fishing for them the past 2 weeks.. and im having heaps of fun, gezzz they fight well.. they were caught near the seafood restaurant in lugarno.. hope to post heaps more reports in future...

regards live bait!!

post-2163-1152863925_thumb.jpg

way to go Livebait.

Here's a great recipe for those blackfish.

enjoy:

Pete.

Baked Luderick

Chef: Peter Coulton

Degree of difficulty: Low

Cooking time: 45 minutes

You need:

1 kilo Luderick

1 medium onion

½ cup claret

1 rasher bacon

chopped garlic

1 red chilli

½ teaspoon cinnamon

½ teaspoon paprika

½ teaspoon ginger

Method:

1 Luderick around 1 kilo. Clean the fish, make sure you remove the black from the inside of the fish. After cleaning rub the inside and outside of the fish with salt and pepper, and stuff with the onion, garlic, paprika, cinnamon and chopped bacon. Lay the red chilli, thinly sliced, over the fish, and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon and dot with butter.

Place fish in a well-greased tray, pour over the claret and bake in a moderate oven, basting often for ¾ hour.

g'day inked

i got them land based.. just throwing of the wharf down there..i have another spot in mind today, gana give that ago if the :1badmood: stays away... maybe report number 2 is on its way...

regards livebait!!

g'day johndevine

i was fishing with a float with the weed just sitting off the bottom... i was suprised to get these fish here as i have not heard of any being caught there before.. actually i lie because i recall a day i took my mum down she caught a well undersize blackfish on pealed prawn on her fav hand line (she hates rods).. going back to the rig you suggest sounds like a top idea i must give it ago...

cheers livebait!! :1fishing1:

Guest maraudingmado

Both sides of Lugarno were always known for blackfish. Just had to know where to look and have the appropriate bait. My father used to fish for them under the Seafood Restaurant and always got a decent feed of them. Also used to get them on the "southern" side where the park is. They do fight well :biggrin2:

gday livebait,

nice catch mate. Ive fished down there before with one of my mates & didnt get much. Obviously you have found a good spot. I think the weed we were using was no good either. That is a big lesson ive learnt, u need decent weed. Ive been trying to get some weed lately but cant manage to find any. There are some people out there that just take more than they need some times. Keep up the good work, might see you down there one day.

Cheers, huntingforjewies

Hey live bait, nice catch. i have been targeting blackfish for a few years now and im totally hooked. they are an awsome fish to catch. lately i have mainly been fishing down the coast around the wollongong area and also up north at south west rocks. as i live not far from the georges river i am keen to give it a go. i always love exploring new fishing spots. just wondering as to where you get your green weed from? do you get it local? i have been getting some from lake illawarra only because i have been fishing that area. would love to get some local weed as lake illawarra is a fair drive when i will be fishing 5 minutes from home.

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

fisherman

Try around the local creeks in your area with a small grappling hook tied to a 30 foot length of ventian cord line and you should secure some weed for your fishing expeditions.Just remeber take as much as you need and there will be some for the next trip :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman