Sydney Outside Trolling Sunday 16/07/06

offtap1

Got up at 5am checked weather and then decided quick spin out sydney the go. Woke Caige and off we went. First Trolled 1x shallow diver and 1 x deep diver along outside south head got to Bondi with no response. Turned back and got in a bit closer it was a decent swell so was keeping a safe distance. I was driving while Caige was observing rods and retrieving if on. Half way back shallow lure takes off , Caige fought back to boat while i stayed controlling boat only to have salmon drop hook at back of boat. Back in and hit again same lure. Caige boated 6 and kept 2, all the same size 550mm. Went up to north head for same in close and boated another 2 keeping 1. Just shows they are there and not just south. Must add no fish seen on surface at all , no birds. Oh yeh Deep diver Rapala lure didnt get a look in so i changed to $6 special, Outback lure Blue and Silver Slimy Mackeral look alike 150mm long shallow diver. Caige did all the work i just drove . post-1870-1153025240_thumb.jpg

Great session there mate :yahoo: . Sounds like Caige had a ball! :thumbup: I love salmon for their fighting ability.

Flattieman.

Yes Flattieman they do go hard heaps of fun i dont generally keep for feed but was going to try a different method to cook and maybe spice them up a bit. Ill see how it goes.

Yes Flattieman they do go hard heaps of fun i dont generally keep for feed but was going to try a different method to cook and maybe spice them up a bit. Ill see how it goes.

I'll be interested to hear how they taste. I don't really admire them for their eating quality either.

Flattieman.

Great session there mate :yahoo: . Sounds like Caige had a ball! :thumbup: I love salmon for their fighting ability.

Flattieman.

Offtap, bleed and skin fillets and then marinate for about 2 hrs in Olive oil, juice of half a lemon or lime, crushed garlic and Cajun Spices( supermarket available, looks like Chilli powder but not as gutsy) all mixed together. Can throw abit of crushed ginger in as well if you like- won't stuff it up.Put in Tupperware in frig then on to the HOT barbie. Cook only for about 3 -4 minutes each side. Marinade makes for a backened spicy coating on the fish - quite delicious. Serve with salad or home made chips and beer and white wine and more beer - and yes I almost forgot, have a couple of beers as well.

Best thing is not to overcook as the flesh becomes a little dry. If in doubt, take them off the barbie early - you can always toss em back on for a bit.

Offtap, bleed and skin fillets and then marinate for about 2 hrs in Olive oil, juice of half a lemon or lime, crushed garlic and Cajun Spices( supermarket available, looks like Chilli powder but not as gutsy) all mixed together. Can throw abit of crushed ginger in as well if you like- won't stuff it up.Put in Tupperware in frig then on to the HOT barbie. Cook only for about 3 -4 minutes each side. Marinade makes for a backened spicy coating on the fish - quite delicious. Serve with salad or home made chips and beer and white wine and more beer - and yes I almost forgot, have a couple of beers as well.

Best thing is not to overcook as the flesh becomes a little dry. If in doubt, take them off the barbie early - you can always toss em back on for a bit.

Thanks Tuffy i was going to do almost the same but hadnt thought about oil marinade .Will be definately giving that a go .

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

offtap1 are u willing to be courages and get the sambo's raw

depending if you bled them immediatly

get the fillets out and just get a bit of soya sauce, wasabi and a few beers

i prefere australian salmon than the atlantic salmon if prepared properly

offtap1 are u willing to be courages and get the sambo's raw

depending if you bled them immediatly

get the fillets out and just get a bit of soya sauce, wasabi and a few beers

i prefere australian salmon than the atlantic salmon if prepared properly

Hi DSDC i have done sashimi first time with baby snapper ,yummy . But will have to give salmon a try another day as already marinating ,. Thanks

Guest fishrunner

:biggrin2: Good on ya offtap1

We got 3 hooked up on plastics jigged deep in the area we saw you down south head way(we were in the lil c/console), but none on the troll at all :( good to see you got a few.

We saw a small school pop up at north head but dissapeared before we even got there, never to be seen again.

oh well always next time

cheers

OFFTAP,

CAIGE SEEMS TO BE THE ONE CATCHING ALL THE FISH ABOARD YOUR BOAT LATELY.

IT MUST BE ALL THE GOOD COACHING THAT YOU ARE GIVING HIM

GREAT CATCH

CHEERS

WATTO

Your right it is getting bad , thinking of not waking him up on next few trips , try and catch up to his tally :mad3: