Sydney Harbour

abiasin

Hi guys went out early this morning around 4am with one of my mates and tried for livies and squid to use with no avail. Not one yakka, slimie or squid to be seen anywhere.

tried several different spots in the harbour, the wedding cakes, rose bay, clifton gardens, the spit, just to name a few, ctually just about everywhere and about all that was willing to play was a few small pinkies and leather jackets.

We trolled lures around the heads flicked various metal slices and poppers but the sambos were avoiding us i think, oh wel what can you do.

My mate did most of the catching today including a nice blue swimmer crab at the wedding cakes on line and sinker.

About the pick of the day where two lost fish which had some pull and believe were a couple of decent sambos, the first was hooked on a lightly weighted whole pillie floated out the back of the boat in close to the rock face at north head, once hooked the fish made for the bottom and then the 10lb braid gave way in trying to stop it.

second was on octopus tentacle fished again with a light lead, this fish was a head shaker and managed to spit the hook not far into the fight.

Thats as close as we got to seeing any salmon, so we headed to the fsh markets and picked up some top atlantic salmon and swordfish cutlets, yummo!

All in all it was better than being either at home or at work so can't complain too much, not that anybody listens.

cheers.

As you say Kingie better to be on the drink than off it :biggrin2: and some reward for your efforts as well. First it was the world cup that had me hooked and now I'm moving house :ranting2: so to say that I'm itching to get out there is an understatement.. patience as with the new house comes the boat :thumbup: