Report From Culburra

kantong

gday raiders!!

well ive been busy all week, and have just found some time to put this up. I went down to the South coast, Culburra to be exact, during the first 2 weeks of July. It was my first time beach fishing and was all excited bout pulling in a freight train from the sandy shorelines.

On my second day beach fishing, I finally found the school of fish I was after! the first hit was kinda slow, then it just took off! zZzzZZzZzz on my new Aeros 6000. Set the hooks, and a short fight later, landed my very first Australian Salmon!!! :yahoo: 60cm!

10 mins later, Im on again, this time I saw the salmon do a big jump out of the water and then nothing.... :ranting2:

I also caught some baby beach flatheads, some other fish i had not seen before, it looked a really short stumpy, fat whiting...no idea.

I fished the jettys for leather jackets, some bream and trevally.

Also I also caught my very first fish with SPs!! Caught a small bream using Gulp 3' minnnow grubs. but those leather jackets killed them all in no time. I also tried some gulp sand worms but no success so far.

I had a great time down there and would be back anytime, but this time I need to go out on a boat!!

post-1703-1153460136_thumb.jpg

That's a nice first salmon, kantong :thumbup: . What happoened on your second fish often occurs with salmon and tailor as they jump out of the water, shaking their heads furiously to remove the hooks. My best tip would be to keep your line tight to the fish at all times. This reduces the leverage of an angry salmon. Great to see that someone else got into a salmon last week.

Flattieman.

That's a nice first salmon, kantong :thumbup: . What happoened on your second fish often occurs with salmon and tailor as they jump out of the water, shaking their heads furiously to remove the hooks. My best tip would be to keep your line tight to the fish at all times. This reduces the leverage of an angry salmon. Great to see that someone else got into a salmon last week.

Flattieman.

Cheers for the tip Flattieman. I think I may have been a little excited in pulling it in and had to watch the waves coming in too. Can't wait for some nice tailor or a jewie as well.

where do you usually fish around Sydney? ive been wanting to go to few beaches around sydney for a fish.

Cheers for the tip Flattieman. I think I may have been a little excited in pulling it in and had to watch the waves coming in too. Can't wait for some nice tailor or a jewie as well.

where do you usually fish around Sydney? ive been wanting to go to few beaches around sydney for a fish.

Thanks mate. I can understand what you say about watching the waves and fighting the fish. I only move towards the waves when I get the fish to the shorebreak, 'cause I find that I really need to keep the line taught and wash the fish in on a wave. As per my Greenhills report ( http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/inde...showtopic=12790 ) this was my first Sydney beach fishing session. I normally fish the Central Coast beaches for better results, but I'm prepared to work on my Sydney techniques and build up a bit more knowledge.

Flattieman.

Edited by Flattieman