Hawkesbury 21/22 July 06

inhlanzi

Yesterday I went out to try and get some Hairtail.

Got out early and went to the hairy area.

Fresh bag of pillies and a few old ones just in case. 3 Rods rigged and ready for action. The weather was cold and cloudy and a bit of rain from time to time. The rain gave the boat a good wash...even had to use the bilge pump to get rid of some of the water.

I fished long and hard all day and zip. Not a tuch on the hairy gear. Got a few yakka and odd bream etc.

Came home and on the way filled up with petrol got one of those coles 20c off a litre dockets and I put in 150l into the car and the boat and guess what you need to take a 4c docket as well - didn't have one and had to pay full Friday price for Optimax!!!.....kind of sums up my day yesterday...

Begged the wife to go again this morning she said yes and be home by 12 midday. So gone like a rocket at 5 this morning. Same place, same time, same rods, same tackle, same bait and first cast - Hairy!

second cast Hairy - how does that work!!!

Could not belive my luck.

Went quiet had some coffee and thought I might try my luck for the big jew. Stuck out some butterfiled yakkas and sat back and watched. I can sit there all day just watching landscape the birds and the boats. Anyway nothing doing on the jewie front (as usual) so had another go at the Hairies

...bang in again! no 3 ...ah well have another go ... bang no 4. By eight thirty had the esky half full of hairies. Four is plenty for a great feed.

So pulled the pick and headed home nice and early.

One day nothing, the next... jackpot - what a difference a day makes

cheers

inhlanzi

post-1963-1153545190_thumb.jpg

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

:1crybaby::1crybaby::1crybaby:

i am stuck at work

boooo hooooo hoooooo

well.... good to see that you had a good crack at the hairies

top report :thumbup:

Guest fishrunner

Mate Inhlani, you are a cracker on the hairies, :thumbup:

Not many others get em , but you are consistant, congrats on the hairies, obviously the homework is payin off.

well done

cheers :beersmile:

The Pro's have found the hairy's too,

The local fish shop had 3 pro tub's full with "fresh hawksbury hairtail" they were small bugger's though, like barley 2 and half feet.

Chris

I am surprised we didn't see you out and about, we were also at our Hairtail honey hole, ended up with 43 hairtale for the weekend! Freezer is full will last us for a while. All caught on pillies infused with scotch, yes thats right scotch, I have no idea why but was my old mans secret recipe, we just inject each pillie with a syringe full of scotch. The things we do to catch fish.

Yesterday I went out to try and get some Hairtail.

Got out early and went to the hairy area.

Fresh bag of pillies and a few old ones just in case. 3 Rods rigged and ready for action. The weather was cold and cloudy and a bit of rain from time to time. The rain gave the boat a good wash...even had to use the bilge pump to get rid of some of the water.

I fished long and hard all day and zip. Not a tuch on the hairy gear. Got a few yakka and odd bream etc.

Came home and on the way filled up with petrol got one of those coles 20c off a litre dockets and I put in 150l into the car and the boat and guess what you need to take a 4c docket as well - didn't have one and had to pay full Friday price for Optimax!!!.....kind of sums up my day yesterday...

Begged the wife to go again this morning she said yes and be home by 12 midday. So gone like a rocket at 5 this morning. Same place, same time, same rods, same tackle, same bait and first cast - Hairy!

second cast Hairy - how does that work!!!

Could not belive my luck.

Went quiet had some coffee and thought I might try my luck for the big jew. Stuck out some butterfiled yakkas and sat back and watched. I can sit there all day just watching landscape the birds and the boats. Anyway nothing doing on the jewie front (as usual) so had another go at the Hairies

...bang in again! no 3 ...ah well have another go ... bang no 4. By eight thirty had the esky half full of hairies. Four is plenty for a great feed.

So pulled the pick and headed home nice and early.

One day nothing, the next... jackpot - what a difference a day makes

cheers

inhlanzi

More great hairtail, well done :thumbup:

I am surprised we didn't see you out and about, we were also at our Hairtail honey hole, ended up with 43 hairtale for the weekend! Freezer is full will last us for a while. All caught on pillies infused with scotch, yes thats right scotch, I have no idea why but was my old mans secret recipe, we just inject each pillie with a syringe full of scotch. The things we do to catch fish.

43 hairtail?

Thats why im lucky to get one hairtail a year :mad3::ranting2::thumbdown:

Edited by domza