Suzuki Parts In Melbourne

codszilla

G'day Codszilla ,

This site may be of some help : SUZUKI MARINE

Ross

Thanks Ross.. by the way does anyone have anything worthwhile (good or bad) to say about suzuki outboards. (DT85 1995 model 2stroke 120 hours) This is probably the question i should have asked before buying the engine. I should have also considered that this motor at 130-40 kilo will be to heavy a burden for my 1500 mustang runabout ,the old girls trans is rated at max 85 hrsepwr and although she has aged quite well i`am still a little concerned it may break her back! Anyways i`am afew weeks away from installation so any advice would be welcome..Thanks , and Grreat Forum.

Edited by codszilla

Thanks Ross.. by the way does anyone have anything worthwhile (good or bad) to say about suzuki outboards. (DT85 1995 model 2stroke 120 hours) This is probably the question i should have asked before buying the engine. I should have also considered that this motor at 130-40 kilo will be to heavy a burden for my 1500 mustang runabout ,the old girls trans is rated at max 85 hrsepwr and although she has aged quite well i`am still a little concerned it may break her back! Anyways i`am afew weeks away from installation so any advice would be welcome..Thanks , and Grreat Forum.

Hi,

I have a DT85 (93 Model) on the back of my Signature 492F and it goes like a dream, kicks over 1st time every time and has never let me down. The weight of the 93 model is 122kg if that helps at all.

Hi,

I have a DT85 (93 Model) on the back of my Signature 492F and it goes like a dream, kicks over 1st time every time and has never let me down. The weight of the 93 model is 122kg if that helps at all.

thanks for your reply impulse . How fast does she push your Haines (nice boat) what is the fuel economy like . i was told around 30ltre an hour which in my case would require much to big a fuel tank relative to the size of the boat and the distance i need to travel . i`am surprised to hear the motor weighs only 122 kilo as i was told 140 and best guessed it at 130 hoping the lighter the better. If the 1995 DT85 weighs the same as your 1993 i`am feeling better already! you wouldnt be able to help with an operators manual would you as i just got motor a week ago and know nothing of specs. thanks

I found this Codszilla , it is the microfiche breakdown of the whole engine , including part numbers . Prices are in $US , which will give you some idea of what they will cost. SUZUKI DT 85

Here are the specs for your engine : DT 85 SPECS

Ross

Dont know if you`ve been there before but you have just earned legend status ..Thanks very much Flightmanager

thanks for your reply impulse . How fast does she push your Haines (nice boat) what is the fuel economy like . i was told around 30ltre an hour which in my case would require much to big a fuel tank relative to the size of the boat and the distance i need to travel . i`am surprised to hear the motor weighs only 122 kilo as i was told 140 and best guessed it at 130 hoping the lighter the better. If the 1995 DT85 weighs the same as your 1993 i`am feeling better already! you wouldnt be able to help with an operators manual would you as i just got motor a week ago and know nothing of specs. thanks

Here are the spec on my 492F, http://www.geocities.com/impulse492f/

Top speed 32 knotts (60Kph) @ 5300rpm

Cruises at 45kph @ 4500rpm

Fuel consumption is approx 1.3km per/L

I have a full set of doco's as I'm the 3rd owner and all the previous owners were anal like me and keeped it all from magazine write ups to all receipts. I would hate to add them all al.

Edited by impulse

Here are the spec on my 492F, http://www.geocities.com/impulse492f/

Top speed 32 knotts (60Kph) @ 5300rpm

Cruises at 45kph @ 4500rpm

Fuel consumption is approx 1.3km per/L

I have a full set of doco's as I'm the 3rd owner and all the previous owners were anal like me and keeped it all from magazine write ups to all receipts. I would hate to add them all al.

That is an awsome package impulse , a boat small enough and practical enough for all conditions and quality ta boot. Thanks for the info mate and thankyou everyone you have all been very accommodating , cheers