Sydney 23/07/06

netic

Hey guys,

Well as scheduled went out today with Downrigger looking to get into some Salmon action.

Got to the ramp to find Zero wind and was pretty rev'd up.

Just as we were leaving Chinamen and Peking Duck arrived at rose bay offering Beers, lol......How the hell do you drink beer at 6.30am chinamen.

Anyway reached South Head to see Offtap getting ready to also troll along the coast and after a quick hello started troll down towards Bondi way.

Its was alot choppier then a couple of weeks ago and it was very difficult to get in close to the rocks as the swell was breaking erraticly and it wouldnt allow us to get any closer then around 40 metres.

Had around 4 to 5 runs up and down for 1 Solitary Salmon, around the 55cm - 60cm mark.

The Salmon did make the odd appearance at Quarentine Bay but nothing in good numbers.

Peking Duck and Chinamen did get a very good bag of trevs but im sure Chinamen will post soon and explain his day.

Unfortunately nothing great and overall a dissapointing day on the fishing front but it was good to see and meet a few raiders, Chinamen and Peking duck seem like top blokes and look forward to more trips and more fish.

Peking mate, nice rig you have there, looks new

Offtap unfortunately it wasnt the best day and hopefully we will rip into some together but i have to say you are very keen fisho mate, i saw you very close to the rocks a couple of times. YOU GOT BALLS OF STEEL.

Keep fishing all

Oz

Downrigger with the Salmon we got

Edited by netic

Sounds like a bit of a disappointment salmon-wise (although, at least you didn't strike out) but it seems like Fishraiders are taking over the waterways. Good to hear that a few groups saw each other. Can't wait to hear the other reports. :thumbup:

Flattieman.

Hey

Good to see the raiders out in force today at South Head! I was out with my brother (BERLEZ) :1prop: ,,, We didnt follow offtap the other boys south due to conditions.

Was a top day out!!! Pity about the lack of fish,,,,,, Some schools of salmon surfaced breifly bweetn Qurantine and Nth Head, other than that we only saw one salmon boated.

Had a livebait biten in 2 :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood::1badmood: , Bugga!!!!

Other than that zich!!! but better to be on the water than on land

cya you all out there agin soon :1prop:

Dan!

Hi mate,too bad your day wasnt as successfull as u would

of liked.

Too bad for me to as I was relying on your report to plan

my fishin for Monday,looks like im off to the bay again.

:beersmile: penguin

Edited by penguin

Some fish is better than no fish. Well in.

We ran into some Salmon a long way from home today - caught at the mouth of the georges spinning for jew!! Fish took 4" BM (watermelon and smelt) on 1/4oz heads bumped slowly over a drop into the main channel. Saw a heap of arches mid water on the sounder, figured they too were Sambo's.. Fishing never ceases to amaze.

Other than that 2 Bonnies taken on Rapala CD9 and CD11's near Long Bay in close..

Can't wait for spring!!!!

Man, I need a boat....had a crap day landbased. :1badmood:

Rick ,we have crap days in the baot as well and then we have to come home ,clean and wash everything :wacko:

I will take you out in our boat really soon and see if we can turn a crap day into a better one for you :biggrin2:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Was great to meet up with a few more Raiders on Sunday. I had the Chinaman on board, and NO i did not shoot him.

We had 4 Fishraider boats trolling up and down south head at one stage (Netic, Offtap and Berlez) , so I think the salmon were just shitting themselves. They were there, but very very flighty and as Netic said we just couldn't get close enough to the rocks.

We ended up with a bag limit of Trevs and I'll post some pics after DSCM pulls his finger out and posts the report.

Guest Dont Shoot Da Chinamen

We ended up with a bag limit of Trevs and I'll post some pics after DSCM pulls his finger out and posts the report.

sorry boys and girls got home went to bed and was serpose to wake up at 8 to post report... but... just woke up now 9 am :074::074:

posting report as i type :biggrin2: