E-tech?

Ozy

I agree with Jo. Go the e-tec. Have a look at the reports on the net for the tec. heaps of them there. A 50hp etec will give you more get up and go than the 60hp yammy and more fuel economical. Those things really do run on an oily rag.

Cheers

Lee

Whoa! Everyone seems to be buying new boats, or uprading their motors. I'm feeling decidely modest in my lil' 435 :(:)

What you getting Ozy? :beer1:

In answer to your question, the yammie would be wayyyyy more expensive to maintain, while the e-tec is relatively new to the market and genuine reviews of it's performance over a long period are few.

I haven't sat down and compared the stat's, but I imagine both motors would be comparable on performance and economy??

Joe

Edited by Pukka

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the 50hp e-tec and cant fault it one bit. To me it does everything plus more for what I need. Leaves my old Merc 60hp for dead as far as power is concerned. Mine is on a 4.3m aluminium boat. I bought it last August for $8000 fitted but I don`t know what they are worth now.

Cheers

Joe

Hi Ozy,

Go the Etec my 60hp has 60+ hours and so far is bulletproof :thumbup:

... it's just like your Yammie, only lighter, faster, and less maitenance ... turns a huge prop by comparison to the Yammie so the Etec torque must be better too :074:

What boat are you getting ??