Fuel Tank Issue

netic

Hey Guys, first of all, tested the new finder yesterday, worked well up to around 25 knots so i consider that a success. Thanks for all the advice

Yesterday my motor cut out a couple of times, i have 2 fuel tanks in my boat and they are those 24 litre Yamaha ones.

It cut out twice on 1 tank and when i switched it to the other one it worked fine and didnt cut out at all.

Can the fuel tank be damaged in some way as this fuel tank has done it before. I have emptyed it and let it dry to remove any possible water in the tank.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Could it be another issue and its just co-incidence that it happens when this tank is pluged in?

Any hel[p would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guys, first of all, tested the new finder yesterday, worked well up to around 25 knots so i consider that a success. Thanks for all the advice

Yesterday my motor cut out a couple of times, i have 2 fuel tanks in my boat and they are those 24 litre Yamaha ones.

It cut out twice on 1 tank and when i switched it to the other one it worked fine and didnt cut out at all.

Can the fuel tank be damaged in some way as this fuel tank has done it before. I have emptyed it and let it dry to remove any possible water in the tank.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Could it be another issue and its just co-incidence that it happens when this tank is pluged in?

Any hel[p would be greatly appreciated.

Hi mate, sounds like the pickup of one of your tanks has been blocked, its kind of like running with the breather closed. this sometimes happens when the mineral sediments are allowed to settle in the bottom of the tank, its quite common. Obviously they have found their way to you pickup.

The best thing to do is to drain your fuel tank completely and then remove the pickup from the tank, then get hold of some compressed air and give it a squirt down the pipes. Also check the mesh on the bottom of the pickup isn't completely blocked

i would clean the filler lid that holds the breather, as if it isnt allowing air in the engine will starve of fuel.

Maybe also check your fuel hose and connection points are air tight. If your you are sucking air through the fuel line or connections there will not be any pressure to pull the fuel through. The hose clamp is where i would start my search for a leak.

Maybe also check your fuel hose and connection points are air tight. If your you are sucking air through the fuel line or connections there will not be any pressure to pull the fuel through. The hose clamp is where i would start my search for a leak.

I would have done that but i use the same hose for the other tank and that works fine, i will give Sammy's ideas a try

Ive had this problem occur before , it wasnt the hose that wasnt air tight it was the connection on top of the tank , the little black plastic bit that goes into the connecter , it had a hair line crack! Abit of super glue covered over the crack and all was fixed!

So thats just another option to look at.

I would have done that but i use the same hose for the other tank and that works fine, i will give Sammy's ideas a try

After i replied i thought maybe there is a single fuel line.. Must be a blockage in the tank which shouldnt be too hard to locate. If you have a plastic tank and it is a lack of air coming in you will probably see the walls of the tank become concave as you use fuel (mine does this when i forget to unscrew the breather valve)

Good luck.

Edited by Dezmo